Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Sponsored Programs Administrator (Research Contracts / Grants)Location: Aurora, CO Additional Locations:
Job Number: 836883 Date posted: 11/04/2019
Coordinates research grant and contract submissions for Kaiser Permanente Colorado KPCO region. Assists in negotiation and coordination of legal agreements with universities, pharmaceutical companies, and foundations. Responsible for partnering with KPCO Principle Investigators to ensure proper Grants and Contracts management and compliance. Acts as Research Administrative advisory and support to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for the protection of human subjects and the Research Review Committee (RRC), assuring compliance with federal and KPCO regulations. Maintains and supports a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of policies and procedures and performs in accordance with the Principles of Responsibilities and applicable regulatory requirements, external laws and accreditation standards. Appropriately reports observed fraud or abuse.
- Acts as liaison to administrative offices of federal, state and private funding agencies for development of subcontract arrangements and submission of contract deliverables.
- Edits, negotiates, and prepares legal agreements between KPCO and various universities, pharmaceutical companies, and foundations; ensures that budgets are appropriate.
- Provides consultation to KPCO researchers regarding research proposal development, submission and execution.
- Reviews, coordinates, and submits all externally-funded research proposals from KPCO Investigators to the appropriate funding agencies.
- Partners with KPCO Principle Investigators to ensure adherence to governmental and KPCO regulations governing the administration of grants and contracts. Is primary Contracts and Grants lead for Subrecipient Monitoring program and annual federal A-133 audit.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in research administration.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database program.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.