Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Behavioral Health Case ManagerLocation: Bakersfield, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 791425 Date posted: 04/26/2019
- Initial Intervention (Following referral from Inpatient and/or Outpatient Psychiatry Services).
- Engages with high risk, high utilizing patient populations.
- Acts as a central point of contact for referrals from multiple departments.
- Provides assessment and evaluation of clinical status, environmental resources, mental and intellectual capabilities and networking skills.
- Planning of Services is based on assessment of both short and long term needs
- Tracks referrals and outcomes for ongoing quality management.
- Operates as a consultant for other departments.
- Coordination of Care Facilitates collaboration between Primary Care, Behavioral Health Care Services and Health Care Providers.
- Provides referrals to other departments; facilitates this process and may provide follow-up services as appropriate.
- Consults with families and other care givers.
- Provides service information, educational materials and resource information.
- Provides brokerage and advocacy when necessary.
- Facilitates scheduling of multi-disciplinary assessment team and may participate in assessment.
- Linkage with External Resources Provides linkage of member to community services.
- Establishes linkages and maintains working relationships with outside resources.
- Direct Patient Intervention Provides individual and/or group therapy for chronic, high utilizing patient population.
- Provides individual supportive psychotherapy with client and supportive family counseling when necessary.
- Participates in Intensive Outpatient programs as a team member.
- Coordinates, provides and/or facilitates informational classes, education and/or training in areas such as independent living skills, psycho-education.
- Provides crisis assessment and intervention.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives.
- Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Behavioral Health Case Manager - Generic: Minimum two (2) years of recent experience in case management and working with community resources AND at least two (2) years of experience in a mental health setting AND experience working in inpatient and/or outpatient treatment services - OR -
- Behavioral Health Case Manager - Autism: Minimum two (2) years of recent experience in case management and working with community resources, specifically related to the assessment, diagnosis and intervention of Autism Spectrum Disorders AND at least two (2) years of experience in a mental health setting AND experience working in inpatient and/or outpatient treatment services - OR
- Behavioral Health Case Manager - Eating Disorders: Minimum two (2) years of recent experience in case management and working with community resources, specifically related to the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a variety of Eating Disorders AND at least two (2) years of experience in mental health setting AND experience working in inpatient and/or outpatient treatment services.
- Current and valid LMFT license issued by the State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Knowledge of Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine patient populations in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Knowledge of the complex systems of psychiatric care and substance abuse treatment at the community and county levels to include: County Welfare Services, Community Mental Health agencies, residential care services, access to board and care services, Medi-Cal and Medicare regulations and Conservatorship laws as they apply to Service Area.
- Thorough knowledge of psychiatry and/or addiction medicine-assessment, diagnosis, treatment modalities, psychopharmacology, and institutional care.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, population utilization management and the ability to integrate multiple aspects of medical center operations.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to colleagues, members, customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.