Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Diagnostic Imaging - Rad Tech ILocation: Bakersfield, CA Additional Locations:
Coffee Road Medical Offices 4801 Coffee Road Ste., 4801 Coffee Road Ste. 100, Bakersfield,California, 93312
East Hills Medical Offices 3700 Mall View Dr., 3700 Mall View Dr., Bakersfield,California, 93301
Ming Medical Offices 8800 Ming Ave., 8800 Ming Ave., Bakersfield,California, 93311
Chester Avenue Medical Offices 2531 Chester Ave., 2531 Chester Ave., Bakersfield,California, 93301 Job Number: 793885 Date posted: 05/31/2019
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
Is responsive to the needs of others by exhibiting professional behavior toward members and coworkers.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age group served.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such differences.
- Utilizes proper Body Mechanics.
- Documents clinical activities and required radiograph information in a timely, comprehensive, and accurate manner.
- Observes all organizational, regional, medical service area and Diagnostic Imaging
- Department policies and procedures.
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to enhance quality of service.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional behavior in all interactions with patients and staff.
- Maintains equipment, supplies and work area in accordance with department guidelines.
Essential Clinical Duties/Responsibilities :
- Operates various x-ray control consoles, portable units, tube assemblies, lock systems, collimators, filters and tables in order to perform diagnostic radiographic procedures and examinations.
- Ensures that correct and required patient identification and left or right marker appears on all films
- Centers area of interest to film and tube
- Utilizes appropriate use of phototiming, milliamperes, kilovoltage, seconds, distance, collimation, intensifying screens, film speed and grids in order to produce diagnostic quality radiographs which demonstrate the area(s) of interest and exhibit acceptable contrast, density and detail.
- Explains the exam /procedure to the patient in order to solicit cooperation
- Assesses the patient's history and overall condition and makes the necessary modifications in technique and/or positioning to compensate for pathology or other considerations
- Utilizes a knowledge of proper patient positioning and department protocols to obtain routine and other views required for standard projections.
- Observes all required radiation safety/protection regulations and standards in order to minimize dose and avoid / minimize repeat films uses lead shielding and collimation as appropriate.
- Critiques radiographs for diagnostic quality and other properties and appropriately consults with supervisor and/or radiologist to clarify any areas of uncertainty.
- Completes requisition with all required and pertinent information.
- Loads and unloads radiographic film.
- Complies with all required continuing education standards.
- May perform other duties as required and assigned.
- One(1) year of clinical experience as a radiologic technologist in an acute care medical center or free standing diagnostic imaging center, preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited educational program in diagnostic radiologic technology approved by the American Medical Association and the American College of Radiology.
- Current and valid BLS certification.
- Certification as a Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) by the state of California, Department of Health Services.
- Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Registered Radiologic Technologist (radiography).
- Fluoroscopy Permit issued by the state of California may be required as specified by department.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to utilize the principles, theories, practices and techniques of radiologic technology.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.