Director, Public Affairs & Brand Communications
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Leads all local Public Relations activities in support of Kaiser Permanente's mission, vision values, and local strategic plan, including:
- Communicating organizational messages to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Development and implementation of local market social and traditional media relations strategy consistent with regional and program office policies.
- Creating and executing local area employee and physician engagement campaigns (messaging, collateral materials, supporting events, etc.).
- Leads local area emergency response communications (acting public information officer) and provides local area support for situation and issues management.
- Collaborates on the development and execution of local integrated marketing and communication plan that supports the local strategic plan and promotes and protects Kaiser Permanente's brand and reputation.
- Collaborates on the development and execution of local marketing plans and campaigns in support of organizational goals.
- Supports and implements program office and regional integrated communications and marketing plans and programs.
- Leads local Government Relations activities in support of organizational goals, including development and fostering relationships with elected representatives and their staff.
- Leads development and execution of local Community Relations strategy in support of organizational goals, including participation in, and support of, worthy local civic, business and community nonprofit agencies.
- Leads the development and execution of a local Community Benefit program-aligned with the national and regional programs-which furthers the organization's mission to spread Total Health to the communities we serve.
- Oversee the local community health needs assessment and development of a local area plan that aligns with the organization's community benefit goals and objectives.
- Ensures that the Community Benefit plan properly guides the investments of local medical center resources including: grant support, in-kind contributions, and employee engagement. This includes the effectiveness of the programs and investments.
- Monitors the organization's investments of assets to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in communications environment, including two years of supervisory and/or major project leadership experience.
- Experience within last three (3) years in planning and implementing complex internal communications plans and projects for a large, complex organization, with track record of increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, english, public relations or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated excellence in directly supporting senior executives in large organizations and influencing their approach to communications.
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively in a team setting.
- Demonstrated experience on cross-functional, integrated (internal/external) efforts.
- Proven experience with organizational change, corporate reputation management, internal brand reinforcement, and stakeholder engagement.
- Able to respond to emerging issues and crises.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Public Relations, marketing and advertising experience preferred.
- Agency experience preferred.
- Experience working at a local medical center preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.