The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
LVN I - PediatricsLocation: Bakersfield, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 737289 Date posted: 01/30/2019
Licensed Vocational Nurses are licensed health professionals who perform patient care, technical, and supportive services under general supervision in a medical office or clinical setting. The LVN supports the philosophy and complies with the protocols, policies, and procedures of the Organization and the assigned Medical Office Department.
- Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor surgical procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Assess and monitor patients' condition and notify physician/health care professional for disposition.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by physician order, following established protocols.
- Maintain equipment and supplies. Identify and arrange for equipment needing repair. Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control as directed by the Infection Control Manual.
- Monitor patient flow and assign/direct other ancillary personnel as needed.
- Provide medical information and education to patients, following established protocols and guidelines.
- Document pertinent patient information, assessment and nursing procedures, following established protocols.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Explain purpose and process of examinations, tests and medical procedures to patients, following established guidelines.
- Instruct patients on general health and basic self care procedures.
- Execute treatments such as urinary catheterization, bladder irrigations, suction procedures and throat irrigations.
- Initiate emergency procedures (including basic CPR) and provide emergency patient treatments.
- Answer member inquires, observe patient condition for reactions during and after procedures, remove sutures following established protocols, respond to Code Blues, take and record patient vital signs, height, weight, etc., obtain specimens from patients (urine, stool, etc.), perform venipuncture and finger sticks to obtain blood samples, prepare specimens and specimens for lab analysis, perform urine tests (tablet or dipstick.)
- Request charts/medical records, schedule, cancel and reschedule patient appointments, initiate follow up appointments with patients, check in patients/members, prepare outgoing mail, locate personnel by paging system or beeper, provide patient information to family members, following patient confidentiality guidelines, record and send Fax's, screen patient calls and take messages for providers.
- Maintain department logs, maintain and update user manuals, monitor and maintain protocol manuals, respond to requests for information, order medical supplies and equipment, receive, store and distribute materials and supplies, replenish linen. .
- Serve as resource to coworkers by answering procedure questions and assisting in problem solving, participate in special projects and studies, demonstrate safety procedures, coordinate and monitor activities within the module, function as team leader, participate in department meetings, train and orient new staff to equipment, general duties and procedures, following established protocols.
- Maintain proficiency in clinical skills, answer call lights, answer telephones and take messages, call in telephone prescriptions, following established protocols, and assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse license required.
- Basic Life Support required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support required within six months of hire.
- Computer and typing skills preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Experience in Pediatrics preferred.
Experience in a fast paced ambulatory clinic preferred.
- This is a full-time position in the Pediatrics Department at the 8800 Ming Ave MOB.
- Shift times/days subject to change based on operational/departmental need.
- May float to other departments within the MOB including but not limited to Family Medicine and Internal Medicine.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.