Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Assistant Director Diagnostic Imaging ServicesLocation: Baldwin Park, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 845617 Date posted: 01/09/2020
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Assists the Diagnostic Imaging Services Director in meeting the clinical needs of physicians, staff and members, as well as developing a strategy to integrate diagnostic imaging services.
- Manages the daily operations of assigned areas, or assists the Director in managing daily operations of a small department by maintaining appropriate schedules (both staffing and patient), and monitoring performance improvement, safety, quality and regulatory standards.
- Participates in the planning of major facilities construction/renovation projects to ensure the safe and effective placement of imaging equipment and efficiency of operations.
- Ensures equipment and procedures are safe, functional, and capable of meeting the diagnostic needs of the medical staff in a timely manner.
- Develops and monitors payroll and non-payroll budgets for the assigned areas.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs and implements appropriate actions, policies and procedures.
- Manages union supervisors and staff and resolves human resources, labor relations, employee and safety issues.
- Selects and trains technical and administrative imaging staff.
- Monitors staff performance and participates with the Chief and Director in the development of competencies, performance standards and imaging protocols/standards.
- Develops and implements a plan for equipment procurement, maintenance and replacement.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in diagnostic imaging technology and makes recommendations on the acquisition and implementation of new technology.
- Accountable for adherence to state and federal rules and regulations on safety and quality assurance.
- Ensures compliance with TJC, MQSA, federal, state and local agencies.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience as a staff technologist in a diagnostic imaging modality.
- Bachelor's degree in radiologic technology or other imaging discipline, health care, business or health services administration OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Certification as Radiologic Technologist (CRT), Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT) or American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required.
- Supervisory or leadership experience within three (3) years of hire date in diagnostic imaging operations in a full service ambulatory or medical center diagnostic imaging department.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, labor relations and human relations skills essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory standards required.
- Computer and standard software package skills required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Working knowledge and experience in a high volume imaging department preferred.
- Experience managing in a union environment strongly preferred.
- Must be a team player with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Complex problem solving skills are necessary because of ever-changing schedule, staffing, and other daily workflow issues.
- Must have the level of experience to adequately cover other areas in the absence of designated managers.
- Experience with accreditation of various areas of Diagnostic Imaging Modalities and regulatory guidelines, laws, and inspections is suggested.
- Knowledge of Epic-Health Connect, GE-RIS, Philips/iSite PACS systems is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred.
- Diagnostic Imaging managers take call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at least once a month on rotation with other management staff.
- Regular travel to outlying clinics is required weekly a minimum.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.