The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Case Manager Utilization RN Per DiemLocation: Baldwin Park, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 859175 Date posted: 01/14/2020
Works collaboratively with an assigned panel of physicians to manage the patient's specialized needs. The managing team does differ according to the chronic disease. Duties include assessment to identify member needs and development of specific care management plan to address needs. In conjunction with the Physician, implements care/treatment plan by coordinating access to health services across multiple providers/disciplines, monitors care, makes determination to arrange transportation and transfer patient if indicated, identifies cost-effective measures, makes recommendations for alternative levels of care and utilization of resources, promotes self-care management and ensures paper work is completed. Is an indirect caregiver. Complies with other duties as described. Must be able to work collaboratively with the Multidisciplinary team.
- Evaluates and identifies members' needs.
- Interfaces with Primary Care Physicians, Specialists and various disciplines on the development of case management plans/programs.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the case management plans and modifies as necessary.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary approach to providing continuity of care, including utilization management, transfer coordination, discharge planning and obtaining all authorizations/approvals/transfers as needed for outside services for patients/families.
- Acts as a clinical liaison, per their specialty, with outside agencies such as County CCS, non-plan facilities, outside providers, employers and/or workers' compensation carriers and third party administrators.
- Prepares reports, communicates program changes to appropriate staff and develops protocols in accordance with state regulations.
- Acts as a patient advocate and educator to assure that the patient has the knowledge to care for his/her condition and patient is educated and empowered to be responsible for participating in the plan of care.
- Develops individualized patient/family education plan focused on self-management, delivers patient/family education specific to a disease state.
- Develops and updates training and educational materials and presents to appropriate staff, members and families.
- Facilitates patients' return to normal daily activities by teaching and making appropriate referrals for outside services/continued care.
- Consults with internal and external physicians, health care providers, discharge planners, and outside agencies regarding continued care/treatment or hospitalization or referral to support services or placement.
- May need to facilitate transportation and housing arrangements for patient.
- Coordinates transmission of clinical and benefit treatment to patients, families and outside agencies.
- Participates in data collection and analysis of clinical outcomes of care and customer satisfaction standards.
- Participates in the formulation and implementation/monitoring of action strategies and outcomes of care or customer service.
- Ensures that accurate records are maintained of the care associated with each patient.
- Interprets regulations, health plan benefits, policies, and procedures for members, physicians, medical office staff, and contract providers and outside agencies.
- Minimum two (2) years clinical experience as an RN in an acute care or ambulatory care setting required.
- Cancer Program:Two (2) years clinical experience in Oncology.
- For positions in OB/Gyn:Two (2) years recent (within the past three (3) years) clinical experience in Maternal Child Health, FCC, Ob/Gyn or Women's Health in acute care or ambulatory care.
- For positions in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit:Two (2) years clinical experience in a Level III NICU.
- For positions in High Risk Infant Program:Two (2) years experience in a Regional or Community NICU; one (1) year of which should be in an HRIF program or as a discharge planner for an NICU and/or in a community-based Medically Vulnerable Infant Program.
- This experience may have been at a comparable out-of-state facility.
- Total Joint Replacement Travel Surgery Program (OC):One (1) year clinical experience in Orthopedics.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent four (4) years of experience required.
- For positions in High Risk Infant Program:bachelor's degree in nursing or related field required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current California RN license required.
- AHA BLS.
- Cancer Program: OCN required within one (1) year of hire.
- High Risk Infant Program: Meet requirements to be a CCS paneled provider.
- Regional Genetic Screening Program: BLS is not required
- Demonstrated ability to utilize/apply the general and specialized principles, practices, techniques and methods of utilization review/management, care coordination, transfer coordination, discharge planning or case management.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (TJC, Medicare, Medi-Cal, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to utilize written and verbal communication, interpersonal, critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- Computer literacy skills required.
- OB/Gyn: Demonstrated knowledge of maternal/fetal medicine, including high risk pregnancies.
- High Risk Infant Program:Case management of patients in a High Risk Infant Program.
- High Risk Infant Program: Ability to manage annual Synagis Clinic for at-risk population.
- Cancer Program: Two (2) years experience in Ambulatory Oncology preferred.
- Total Joint Replacement Travel Surgery Program (OC): One (1) year experience in Total Joint Replacement preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or healthcare related field preferred.
- For positions in High Risk Infant Program: Master's degree and PHN preferred.
- Case Management Certification or certification in the area of specialty preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.