Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Diagnostic Imaging Technician - Sonographer - PDLocation: Baldwin Park, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 838827 Date posted: 12/02/2019
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity & lifestyle choices on patient condition & makes accommodations for such difference
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional & chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age group served
- Demonstrates competence & understands the overall operational function of the department to include scheduling of patients appointments by telephone, mail, or in person utilizing OPAS
- Prepares patients for examinations & explains procedures in order to ally apprehensions; consults w/ referring physician & radiologist regarding patient's medical history to determine the type of ultrasonic procedure required & to correlate patient's history w/ test to be performed
- Demonstrates competence in the operation of diagnostic ultrasound equipment, real-time & mobile, to obtain quality diagnostic images
- Performs special application exams/tests such as assisting physicians in sterile procedures such as surgery, operating ultrasound equipment in surgery & during special applications such as localizations, aspirations and/or biopsies
- Selects transducer & adjusts equipment controls according to organ of interest, depth of field & other specifications of test; moves transducer by hand over area of interest & observes sound wave display screen in order to evaluate quality of ultrasonic pattern produced
- Keys test data & patient information into ultrasound equipment computer to record test results & diagnostic data on magnetic tape, computer disk, strip printout or film; photographs images of organs shown on display module
- Identifies & processes images & prepares images for interpretation; discusses test results w/ physician
- Utilizes ancillary devices such as selective transducers, monitors, images; scans areas/regions of interest using B-mode, M-mode & real time techniques optimizing display parameters & recorded images ; notes significance of structures displayed & recognizes artifacts & equipment limitations
- Operates various ultrasound emitters to scan pertinent anatomical areas & records the signal response in a photographic or other mode
- Produces quality, diagnostic images taking into account transducer selection, technical factors, patient variables, image annotation, evaluation & selection of representative images, criteria for diagnostic quality, artifacts & improvement of sub-optimal images
- Documents clinical activity in a timely, comprehensive & accurate manner
- Observes all applicable regional, medical center, & department policies & procedures
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to enhance quality of service
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
- Demonstrates professional maturity in all interactions w/ patient & staff
- Maintains equipment, supplies & work area in accordance w/ department guidelines
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in an acute care medical center, preferred
- Current & valid registration as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer issued by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in the sub-specialty of OB-GYN
- NT certification when performing Nuchal Translucency procedures in the OB-GYN department as stipulated in job code 30818
- Depending on exact assignment, specialty registration in abdominal, cardiac, cardiovascular or vascular sonography may be required
- Current BLS card.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of & to apply the principles, theories, practices & techniques of diagnostic medical sonography
- Demonstrated ability to operate ultrasound equipment in order to produce quality images , recognize normal human anatomy & pathological conditions & utilize ultrasound equipment to differentiate disease processes & artifacts
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, & behaviors necessary to provide superior & culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, & to customers, contracted providers, & vendors
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.