Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals and priorities.
- Assesses member needs, establishes priorities, designs, develops, recommends, updates, implements and evaluates programs, curriculum, materials (written and audiovisual), protocols, procedures and standards for health/nutrition education.
- Plans, participates and evaluates community events and coordinates use of community resources as appropriate.
- Implements nutrition care plans to include follow-up and referrals to government, community and/or other Kaiser Permanente facilities for continuity of nutrition care.
- Educates/counsels members, family and caregivers regarding health and nutrition on an individual or group setting (classes).
- Develops meal plans as appropriate to meet members lifestyle, socio-economic background, age, culture, diagnosis and religious affiliation.
- Consults and educates physicians and other healthcare providers regarding member and population specific nutrition/health related issues.
- Participates in multidisciplinary care teams and committees.
- Collects data, plans, prepares and implements reports for performance improvement and/or quality assurance audits.
- Develops grants and proposals for health/nutrition programs Plans, conducts and evaluates in-service education programs for department staff, the multidisciplinary care team and physicians.
Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT):
- Provides high quality, evidence-based, efficient, customer-focused MNT, including nutrition screening, assessment, care planning and education for appropriate nutrition intervention.
- Develops, implements, and monitors ongoing plan of care based on the screening and assessment of the patient specific nutrition care plans/education and based on the patients age, nutrition and psychosocial status, diagnosis, cultural background and religious affiliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in providing and coordinating health education services (usually 1 year) and/or hospital experience.
- Bachelors degree in Food/Nutrition or related field.
- Registered Dietitian within 6 months of hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mainframe and personal computing systems.
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership Environment.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian (RD), as confirmed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Pre-RDs may be considered if: candidate has completed the Supervised Practice Program (SPP) for RDs, AND not more than six (6) months has passed since completing the SPP, AND candidate has not previously failed the RD registration exam, AND candidate must become a RD within six (6) months of completing the SPP to comply with California Law.
- A hiring manager may specify Preferred Qualifications, which are desirable and above and beyond the requirements specified in the Minimum Qualifications section above. Please keep in mind that any such Preferred Qualifications should be job related and relevant (i.e., directly related to the duties and responsibilities described in this Job Description) and stated in non-prejudicial language.
- Preferred Qualifications for this job may include: Previous individual, small group and large group/classroom training/teaching experience.
- Work every Sunday
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest