Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Ergonomic/Safety ConsultantLocation: Baldwin Park, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 744409 Date posted: 12/12/2018
- Assist in identifying the nature and location of workplace ergonomic hazards, and implementation of measures to reduce or eliminate such problems.
- Conduct ergonomic assessments and generate ergonomic evaluation reports.
- Works with construction staff to design and implement recommendations.
- Apply ergonomic/body mechanic expertise for the control of exposures which have caused or may cause RMIs including work station redesign, adjustable fixtures and tool redesign by determination and application of technically and economically feasible means of abatement.
- As directed, performs ergonomic job hazard analyses of work stations with identified risk factors including job process, work station and work method and follow up to evaluate effectiveness of changes.
- Works to train all levels of employees regarding safety training including the proper use of and procedures for tools and equipment as well as general training on risk factors contributing to ergonomic hazards.
- Provides body mechanics education and training.
- Provides tracking/trending information and recommendations to mitigate workplace injuries and illnesses and maintains associated database.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in the field of Worker's Compensation and Disability.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience specific to Rehabilitation and/or Ergonomics.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study (e.g. human factors, rehabilitation, physiology), OR four (4) years of progressive rehabilitation, ergonomics or risk management experience may be substituted for bachelor's degree.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of ergonomics and body mechanics.
- Knowledge of workstation evaluations.
- Ability to work with Window's based operating system.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. .
- Working knowledge of TJC, OSHA, Title 22, EEOC. DFEH, ADA, FMLA AND CFRA.
- Position requires considerable walking, standing, sitting and moderate lifting.
- Ability to provide training regarding body mechanics and ergonomics.
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding ergonomic workstation.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Certified Ergonomics Associate (CEA), Certified Vocational Evaluator (CVE), Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, or completion of an ergonomic/rehabilitation assessment program preferred.
- Related licensure in field of healthcare (e.g. PT, OT, RN) preferred.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.