Education & Training
Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Health Educator I, IBCLC Required - Per DiemLocation: Baldwin Park, CA Job Number: 863548 Date posted: 03/11/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Assesses, designs, implements, presents, and evaluates health education programs and services.
- Conducts needs assessments, establishes priorities, designs, implements, and evaluates basic health education programs, protocols, and standards.
- Coordinates a wide range of health education services, including establishing effective referral and publicity systems, monitoring quality and documentation, providing scheduling and logistical support, and facilitating use of community services to promote the delivery
of cost effective health education services.
- Provides direct group or one-on-one health education services to members and the public.
- Reviews, develops, and recommends high quality, culturally appropriate written and audio visual health education materials.
- Consults with physicians and staff regarding related health education services.
- Coordinates health information projects such as program catalogs, newsletter, informational displays and community health events.
- Specializes in a specific area of health education (e.g. HIV nutrition, chronic disease, health promotion) as required.
- Prepares reports, grants, proposals, and documentation as ssigned.
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals and priorities.
- If Medical Nutrition Therapy is performed, under California Law, this will be performed by only a Registered Dietitian.
- If the position requires a Registered Dietitian then this section applies: Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT): Provides high quality, evidence-based, efficient, customer-focused MNT, including nutrition screening, assessment, care planning and education for appropriate nutrition intervention.
- Develops, implements and monitors ongoing plan of care based on the screening and assessment of the patient specific nutrition care plans/education and based on the patient's age, nutrition and psychosocial status, diagnosis, cultural background and religious affiliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in providing and coordinating health education services (usually one (1) year).
- If position requires the candidate to be a Registered Dietitian, then the following applies: Must be a Registered Dietitian (RD), as confirmed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Pre-RDs may be considered if: candidate has completed the Supervised Practice Program (SPP) for RDs, AND not more than six (6) months has passed since completing the SPP, AND candidate has not previously failed the RD registration exam, AND candidate must become a RD within six (6) months of completing the SPP to comply with California Law.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in health education required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Previous experience in curriculum development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory, group process theory and application.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of PC applications required.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mainframe and personal computing systems.
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership Environment.
- Two (2) years of recent teaching/program planning.
- Previous experience in providing and coordinating health education services.
- PC skills Previous individual, small group and large group/classroom training/teaching experience.
- Knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory.
- Curriculum and materials development.
- Demonstrated ability to use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- IBCLC required.
- Must have California Driver's license with good driving record for the past 2 years.
- Must show proof of insurance upon hire.
- This position supports the Lactation Clinic.
- Will be scheduled weekends. Will travel to outlying Medical Office Buildings that have Pediatrics Clinics 25% of the time.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!