Facilities Services & Materials Management
Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Manager Environmental Health and SafetyLocation: Baldwin Park, CA Job Number: 887744 Date posted: 08/14/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Manages and implements environmental health and safety (EH&S) programs for the Medical Center which include hazard identification evaluation and control, accident/injury prevention, hazardous materials/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, and environmental regulatory compliance. Responsible for the management of the daily Medical Center operations.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Implements policy and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, regional, and local laws and for the reduction of EH&S liabilities and maintains the department's quality assurance programs.
- Assists in specific areas for the development of health and safety programs.
- Ensures customers receive quality service by acting as a consultant/resource for local administration, managers, physicians and staff on all matters related to environmental management, industrial hygiene and safety.
- Performs needs assessments; conducts and participates in multi-disciplinary team conferences, and reviews customer satisfaction reports.
- Based on results, develops new programs or enhances existing programs providing quality EH&S services.
- Acts as administrative liaison for all EH&S regulatory agency inspections and surveys, including TJC, Cal- EPA, DOHS, Cal-OSHA, Department of Agriculture and the State Fire Marshall.
- Communicates strategies, priorities and recommends corrective actions to facility leadership, department managers and employees.
- Monitors the Medical Center budgets and researches/explains variance.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs and enhance quality of services.
- Develops, implements, and presents EH&S training programs for the different facilities.
- Conducts comprehensive audits of facility(s) EH&S programs to identify areas for improvement.
- Collaboratively develops plans of action with department managers.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Minimum five (5) years of EH&S experience.
- Bachelor's degree in EH&S, natural science, engineering or related curriculum, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Previous supervisory experience in an union environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Associate Safety Professional or Industrial Hygienist in Training certificate preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.