Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Manager Sterile Processing - SiteLocation: Baldwin Park, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 776275 Date posted: 02/27/2019
- Supervises and coordinates all medical center and ambulatory sterile processing activities which includes decontamination sterilization, and the preparation of all medical equipment, surgical instrumentation, and operating room case carts.
- Supervises a 24 hour, seven days a week operation, ensuring the sterile processing staff provides quality service and clients receive the appropriate products on a timely basis.
- Instructs staff in the use of sterilizing equipment, setting standards for treatment trays, and maintaining the equipment.
- Oversees work activities to ensure staff are following established federal, state, and local requirements and department policies and procedures.
- Establishes standards of work performance.
- Develops and maintains the payroll, non-payroll, and capital budgets.
- Monitors the departments' quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control programs.
- Oversees and ensures consistency sterilization procedures, policies, and products across the medical center.
- Analyzes physician, nursing, other healthcare staff product or service requests.
- Studies new products, equipment, techniques, and service, making recommendations to enhance products and services.
- Supervises the daily unit operation.
- Resolves human resource, employee, management, department, safety programs, and risk management issues.
- Ensures a high level of user satisfaction.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in sterile processing, supply distribution, and inventory control required.
- Bachelor's degree, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Supervisory experience required.
- Data processing experience required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Operating room experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.