Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
Undergraduate Intern, Patient SatisfactionLocation: Baldwin Park, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 849237 Date posted: 01/10/2020
The Eye Monitoring Center is a virtual reading center that offers remote management for our members in Southern CA, GA, CO, and HI regions. In place since 2010, the center provides same-day results for Diabetic Retinal Screening (fundus photography) for approximately 200,000 patients per year. Our services also include remote monitoring of early Glaucoma, Plaquenil toxicity screening, Age Related Macular Degeneration and Myopia. The Center leverages our KP IT infrastructure and systems to provide patients a convenient and high-quality service.
Intern project work will be focused on patient satisfaction and awareness. We-re looking for a self-starter, confident and assured yet can handle supervision well, proficient in Microsoft applications, team player, big thinker, friendly, caring, and kind.
Under supervision assists in the provision of information, maintenance of databases, report production and routine data analysis. Work is reviewed for completeness, accuracy and soundness.
- Examples of project support include:
- Collects, prepares and tracks reports and summaries such as: budget to actual expenditures, production statistics and utilization of services and statistical records of performance.
- Performs a variety of data collection and analysis assignments.
- Prepares ad hoc data requests as directed.
- Prepares and/or formats graphs, spreadsheets and reports by utilizing office software.
- May be asked to maintain databases on a regular basis by entering data and preparing data extracts.
- May extract information from different sources to compile data.
- Executes existing queries for established reports.
- Schedules conference calls and meeting.
- Contributes to the development of presentations materials.
- Provides administrative and project support as assigned such as copying, filing, entering and extracting data.
- Engages in andsupports project work.
- KP conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis.
- At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to revaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status.
- Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university program OR recent graduate.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of Access and database experience desirable.
- Prior office experience also desirable.
- Preferred degrees include: Business Administration, Marketing, Health Care Administration, Public Relations & Communications, or Math/Statistics
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.