Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Vision Services Site SupervisorLocation: Baldwin Park, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 791324 Date posted: 05/02/2019
Responsible for complete operation of Optix Vision Center site(s) as assigned. May also be responsible for administrative oversight of the assigned Optometry department. Work with various levels of optical staff, management, and other persons/departments/functions as necessary to ensure quality member care, service, and achieve optimal sales. Act as role models of professionalism, ethical behavior, and effective decision making at all times.
- Customer Service: Greet Members when they enter the department.
- Ensure member concerns are solved effectively and promptly.
- Train staff to provide quality customer service.
- Supervision: Delegate tasks and follow-up to ensure task completion.
- Observe and provide feedback on staff performance.
- Motivate staff to perform at a high level.
- Promote and encourage staff development.
- Managing the Business: Maintain profitability through research, report analysis, identifying trends, defining problems and developing appropriate responses.
- Reports: Complete reports accurately and on time.
- Use reports to make effective decisions that ensure high care and service levels and drive optical sales.
- Planning: Work with relevant parties to anticipate problems and plan for upcoming events.
- Set objectives and ensure they are met.
- Use established procedures to hire staff.
- Working Relationships: Train and develop staff through formal training programs, providing both informal (e.g., on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g., written evaluation) job performance based feedback, delegating, and follow-up (i.e., operational control).
- Professional Development: Keep current on product knowledge, through internal and external programs/conferences/self-study.
- Shop and study competition and complementary businesses to identify trends and develop new ideas.
- Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This is a repost of 685611
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant work experience with proven success and track record in increasing sales, driving profits and meeting performance objectives.
- Associate's degree required, OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Must be able to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (5-20 pounds).
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent Customer Service, interpersonal & Communication skills.
- Prior Optical Retail Management experienced recommended.
- Hours and Days may vary.
- Saturdays Required.
- Will be required to work at all Baldwin Park MSA locations (Baldwin Park, San Dimas, Montebello, and Diamond Bar- Vision Essential locations).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.