Manager, Health Plan Clinic Operations I - Subspecialties, Oncology & PD - Baltimore
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Plans, organizes and directs the work of the department to ensure safe, high quality patient care. Manages the daily clinical operations, including staffing schedules, phone access to the health care team, and patient flow. Ensures ambulatory operations are open prior to first clinic appointment, 1:1 Clinical Assistant and adequate RN staffing is scheduled, and lunch and late coverage has been arranged.
- Executes the service delivery plan for the department, set by the Chief and Director.
- Collaborates with the Chief and practicing physicians to assure that clinical support staff are functioning at an optimal level. Coordinates with other clinical managers to enhance the overall patient experience. Directs and coordinates multidisciplinary care in the integrated care delivery service models. Participates in interdepartmental, service area and regional meetings, committees, and task force groups to develop and operationalize programs and processes to achieve strategic objectives.
- Works with Human Resources staff to recruit and hire staff; coordinates comprehensive orientation of new staff, and completes annual performance evaluations, competencies, etc. Collaborates with Health Plan leaders to establish performance goals and provides counseling, coaching, feedback, recognition, training and development to staff.
- Directs and leads patient safety and workplace safety initiatives for the department(s). Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory rules, policies, and EH&S requirements.
- Directs and leads customer service, service recovery, and MPS initiatives.
- Assists with budget development and is responsible for payroll and non-payroll targets and variances.
- Supports, co-leads, and champions UBT work in and across the department(s). Responsible for process improvement, including but not limited to the following: efficiencies in the work flow (i.e reducing waste, skills/role maximization, work flow revisions).
- Collaborates with Materials Management to set supply PAR levels and acquire preferred formulary products, when feasible. Reduction or avoidance of non-contract items, where appropriate.
- Responsible for facility and equipment within the clinical departments and associated building egress space. Reports and escalates work orders exceeding service level agreement.
- Partners with regional and service area space planning committees and teams. Manages space in the clinical areas to ensure appropriate assignment and utilization.
- Monitors and validates workflows in KPHC and other related electronic health record systems. Supports documentation and upgrade initiatives, and address issues with direct reports and staff, as needed.
- Serves as on-site leader to the health care team, including ancillary support services as needed.
- Maintains proficiency and competency in clinical skills, techniques, etc. Provides direct patient care, as needed.
- Minimum five (5) years of current clinical experience plus three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
- BSN or Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Current RN license
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association required
- Demonstrated clinical and managerial competence appropriate to area(s) of responsibility; familiarity with all pertinent laws, regulations, and standards of nursing practice; demonstrated competence with financial management principles and standard software applications in a Windows environment required.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated devotion to detail and follow-up is required.
- Demonstrated systems thinking with ability to approach work as part of an interconnected system in which change to one part of the organization produces change and impact within the whole structure is required.
- Demonstrates creativity in identifying and implementing solutions to complex issues is required.
- Demonstrates a strong self-initiative and self-motivation is required.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.