Family Nurse Practitioner Primary Care Battleground MOB
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provide high quality health care to Kaiser Permanente members in a cost effect manner and in accordance with accepted professional practice standards. This Clinician floats to all service areas in the NW Region, works in adult Primary Care covering for other Clinician panels and/or for short term (three months or less) needs in the MOB.
- Provide high-quality health care through direct assessment, diagnosis, and formulation/implementation of treatment plan for patients with common acute and chronic illnesses and injuries (may include performing histories and physicals; ordering, interpreting, and following up on diagnostic studies; ordering medications). Perform health maintenance services, including patient education, for well members. Refer patients for specialty consultations or difficult problems. Document in writing all care in patients permanent medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards. Provide all medical care in accordance with accepted practice standards, hospital/clinic protocols (including supervision by a physician), and State licensing guidelines for Oregon & Washington.
- Coordinate, develop or organize patient or department services or programs. Examples include, but are not limited to: Assist in developing NP/PA Float protocols. Develop written patient education materials. Provide in-service training. Chair or participate on committees such as Breastfeeding Task Force, Regional Controlled substance Abuse Committee, etc. Participate in NP/PA Meeting.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Graduate of ANA-approved NP or AMA-approved PA or Child Health Associate training program (both provide masters or equivalent degrees) or equivalent requirements to meet State licensure.
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Registered Nurse License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire AND Nurse Practitioner National Certificate AND Registered Nurse License (Washington) within 6 months of hire AND Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner License (Washington) within 6 months of hire AND Nurse Practitioner License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire
- Physician Assistant License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire AND Physician Assistant National Certificate AND Physician Assistant License (Washington) within 6 months of hire
- Drug Enforcement Administration Registration
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Ability to assess, diagnose and effectively treat common medical diseases and injuries. Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment, to see large volume of patients, and to interface with large provider and support staff.
- Thorough and working knowledge of all common diseases in Adult Medicine Family Practice or Internal Medicine; familiarity with less common diseases. Working knowledge of State health care laws, licensing board regulations and controlled substance regulations. Important to know limitations and when to refer patients.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.