A Focus on Excellence
Understanding the critical importance of eye health, our optical team members provide patients with outstanding services and care.
Certified Optometry Assistant - FloatLocation: Beaverton, OR Additional Locations:
Central Interstate Medical Offices 3600 N. Interst, 3600 N. Interstate Ave., Portland,Oregon, 97227
Clackamas Eye Care 12100 SE Stevens Rd. Ste. 106, 12100 SE Stevens Rd. Ste. 106, Clackamas,Oregon, 97015
North Lancaster Medical Offices 2400 NE Lancaster, 2400 NE Lancaster Dr., Salem,Oregon, 97305
Rockwood Medical Offices 19500 SE Stark St., 19500 SE Stark St., Portland,Oregon, 97233
Sunset Medical Offices 19400 NW Evergreen Pkwy., 19400 NW Evergreen Pkwy., Hillsboro,Oregon, 97124 Job Number: 700765 Date posted: 06/12/2018
To assist and support doctors of optometry in a collaborative relationship to provide patients with optimum levels of general optometric care. Under the direct supervision of the doctor, will provide technical and support assistance to improve the efficacy and efficiency of the doctors of optometry.
- To assist and support doctors of optometry in a collaborative relationship to provide patients with optimum levels of general optometric care. Under the direct supervision of the doctor, will provide technical and support assistance to improve the efficacy and efficiency of the doctors of optometry.
- Receive and process phone calls and other patient communication, from patients, assess the nature of the situation and manage triage accordingly. Manage all aspects of doctor(s) schedule, including booking appointments.
- Maintain diagnostic and therapeutic instruments and equipment to insure that they are clean and accurate. Assess condition of instruments and arrange for repair and/or recalibration as necessary. Maintain instruments and medications for ophthalmic therapeutics; insure that instruments and medications are available and sterile.
- Respond to patient concerns and resolve or forward them to the proper person or area for resolution.
- Coordinate patient optometric care with optical dispensing, membership services, family practice, ophthalmology, pharmacy and other KP departments and services.
- Follow all KP policies, procedures, and behavior guidelines and standards for the treatment of members and confidentiality of their care. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of previous experience in optometric or other ophthalmic practice.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Paraoptometric Assistant or Technician certification by the American Optometric Association at time of hire or within 18 months of employment.
- Demonstrated experience and competence with ophthalmic instruments, including: auto-refractor, auto-lensometer, non-contact tonometer, Titmus vision tester, Snellen chart, visual acuity projector, and visual field testing equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of instruments and equipment for preliminary testing, ancillary testing and in the application of eyedrops.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a professional environment within a managed practice organization. Familiarity with optometric and optical terminology.
- Familiarity with optometric instruments and equipment.
- Three (3) years of previous experience in optometric or other ophthalmic practice.
- Basic knowledge of Kaiser Permanente policies, procedures and philosophy and culture.
- Thorough knowledge of basic science and optics, familiarity with optometric and/or ophthalmic procedures related to preliminary testing.
- Basic knowledge of instillation of optometric diagnostic and therapeutic pharmaceuticals as applied to the practice of optometry.
- Working knowledge of HealthConnect.
About Vision Services Careers
Our focus on total health extends to one of our most important senses: our sight. As a member of our vision services team, you'll contribute to our members' comprehensive eye care and individual style by supporting them with a variety of services, including optometry, ophthalmology, optical sales, laser vision correction, intraocular lens implantation, cataract surgery, and more. Working directly with members, you'll promote vision health and a positive outlook as you contribute to our collaborative team.
From providing great medical care from trusted Kaiser Permanente Ophthalmologists and Optometrists, to supporting that with a great selection of eyewear at our Optical Centers — often in the same convenient location — our Vision Essentials team makes sure our members feel, see, and look their best.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.