The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
NP - Primary Care/Family PracticeLocation: Beaverton, OR Additional Locations:
Sunset Medical Offices 10060 NE Evergreen Pkwy., 10060 NE Evergreen Pkwy., Hillsboro,Oregon, 97124
Tualatin Medical Offices 19185 SW 90th Ave., 19185 SW 90th Ave., Tualatin,Oregon, 97062
Murrayhill Medical Offices 11200 Murray Scholls Pl, 11200 Murray Scholls Pl., Beaverton,Oregon, 97007
Hillsboro Medical Offices 5373 W. Baseline Rd., 5373 W. Baseline Rd., Hillsboro,Oregon, 97123
Tanasbourne Medical/Dental Offices 10315 NE Tanasb, 10315 NE Tanasbourne Dr., Hillsboro,Oregon, 97124 Job Number: 880495 Date posted: 06/22/2020
Provide high quality health care to Kaiser Permanente members in a cost effective manner and in accordance with accepted professional practice standards.
- Must have flexibility to provide Primary Care and follow up care for Immune Deficiency/HIV patients in both acute and ambulatory patient settings.
- Assess and diagnose IDC/HIV patients, formulate and implement treatment plans, addressing complex medical conditions.
- Document follow-up notes and identify and treat adverse reactions and effects of antiretroviral therapy.
- Perform routine exams and provide f/u care.
- Order diagnostic studies and medications, schedule procedures (for example: warts, biopsy and removal), and provide follow-up as needed.
- Flexibility for independently seeing outpatients in clinic for consults and returns (complete management) for specific immune deficiency diseases and/or conditions to be determined by department chief.
- Requires flexibility for urgent, unscheduled backup to MD providers for outpatients.
- Agree to offsite training in cervical and anal colposcopy to occur within first year of hire.
- Position will have ongoing mentorship regarding diagnosis and treatment of anal dysplasia with onsite expert.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- The above care must be documented in writing in patient's permanent medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards.
- All medical care must be provided in accordance with accepted practice standards, hospital/clinic protocols (including supervision by a physician) and State licensing guidelines.
- Graduate of approved A.N.A. Nurse Practitioner program or equivalent requirements to meet State licensure.
- State R.N. license at time of hire.
- State N.P. license at time of hire.
- National Certification for N.P.
- State Medical License.
- Prescribing registration at time of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Working knowledge of state health care laws, licensing board regulations and controlled substance regulations.
- Important to know limitations and when to refer patients to the MD.
- Ability to assess, diagnose and plan effective primary treatment for Immune Deficiency patients.
- Procedural skills, especially rectal colposcopy (Training available upon hire for cervical and anal colposcopies).
- Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment, to see large volume of patients, and to interface with physician and support staff.
- Skills to include:
- Recognition of normal and abnormal anatomy.
- Safe tissue handling and procedure techniques.
- Control of bleeding.
- Application of post procedure dressing, as necessary.
- Writing orders.
- Protocols for blood transfusions, fluid balance, oral intake, bowel and urinary care, IV narcotic and other pain management.
- Post-op protocols for prophylaxis for DVT, mobilization, therapy.
- Knowledge of UM requirements for hospitals.
- Understanding of capabilities of ancillary and support services OP.
- Knowledge of documentation and coding requirements for OP.
- Appreciation for HIV population preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.