Coordinated Procedural Scheduler
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Scheduling: Scheduling of patient appointments, procedural and/or diagnostic/surgery dates that require coordination of multiple providers, services and/or facilities. Coordinates and/or completes all associated forms/surgical packets necessary for the procedure(s) and assures appropriate disposition. Provides routine patient instructions. Updates computer systems and or white boards with the pertinent information. Communicates effectively with patients, the practice team and related departments both internally and externally.
- Provides initial financial screening and refers patient to the business office or financial counselor if required. Works with the financial counselor to assure all services are covered and/or financial agreements are in place. Assures referrals are placed through computerized systems in a timely manner. Coordinates with RMS and business office to assure all referrals requiring pre-authorizations are processed prior to procedures being scheduled.
- Provides excellent customer service through prompt phone and in-clinic response management. Provides clear instructions, maps and other supportive documents to patients. Acts as a single point of contact for questions and routes to appropriate clinician.
- Performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of clerical/administrative health care experience and attention to detail.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Prior use of computer applications with demonstrated expertise in time management and customer service.
- Excellent customer service and phone management skills, excellent organization skills, multi-tasking skills, high level communication/problem-solving skills, working knowledge of medical terminology, computer keyboard (Microsoft Office, and relational data bases).
- Understanding of medical coverage and financing issues.
- Multi step scheduling skills.
- Experience in surgical and/or procedural scheduling.
- Experience as an LPN, nursing assistant or medical assistant.
- Associates degree in health related field.