Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Sterile Processing Technician II (CS Tech II) - 10K Sign On BonusLocation: Bellevue, WA Job Number: 910316 Date posted: 10/13/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
CS TECH POSITION SUPPORTING PROCEDURAL AND SURGICAL STERILE PROCESSING LOCATED AT BELLEVUE MEDICAL CENTER. 40 HOURS PER WEEK, 5-8 HOUR SHIFTS.
Under general supervision, this position performs a wide variety of tasks related to inventory, decontamination, inspection, maintenance and assembly, sterilization, and coordinated dispensing of general and specialized surgical devices, reusable instrumentation and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the KFHPW Mission and the supportive role of the CSR Department and staff in contributing to accomplishment of KFHPW's customer service, clinical and financial goals.
- Identify unsafe conditions/practice.
- Must be familiar with and practice safety, infection control and employee health policies and standards.
- Identify own education needs and complete all mandatory training.
- Participate in error reporting and correction and continuous improvement of system processes and staff and department performance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of patient care areas the instruments and medical devices they use, their collective and individual needs, concerns and expectations. Anticipate provider needs. Compare daily surgery and procedure schedules, provider preferences and instrument inventory and alert case coordinators if additional instrumentation will need to be acquired.
- Provide excellent Customer Service, partnering with, and offering assistance, guidance to internal and external customers, as well as service recovery when there's a complaint. Actively participate in identification of educational needs of individuals, the department and customer staff. Assist new surgeons and surgery staff in their orientation to the instrument inventory, set arrangement and location in the sterile core. Provide assistance to Specialty clinics and providers in determining and accessing needed instruments, standardizing with other providers, reducing new purchases with exchanges of surplus, and optimizing access of a clinic's inventory through set up of centralized storage.
- Per established procedures, Infection Control standards and prudent judgment:
- Deliver, pick up and receive reusable instruments and equipment assuring items are complete and handled to prevent damage or loss.
- Disassemble, clean, disinfect and sterilize reusable instruments and medical devices.
- Reassemble, inspect and test all multi-part devices assuring they are complete and will function safely and as expected.
- Assemble, package, process and store medical supplies, instruments and equipment. Distribute reprocessed products.
- Operate department equipment safely. Use and check performance indicators to assure proper function and initiate corrective action if malfunction is identified.
- Perform and document sterilizer cycles, assuring parameters for sterilization are met. Challenge sterilizer performance with chemical and biological indicators. Initiate a recall or stop a process if potentially incomplete or unsafe for patient use.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!