Manager - Vision Essentials (Optical/Optometry/Ophthalmology) - Bellevue WA
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Manages 2-4 Vision Essentials Locations in a manner that ensures members receive appropriate, accessible, and cost-effective eye care services. This includes managing the operations - clinical, surgical, and retail - of Ophthalmology, Optometry and Optical clinics. Determine staffing requirements, prepare work schedules consistent with established service standards, and approved operating budgets.
- Define and clearly communicate and enforce policies, procedures, and work rules, work assignments, standards, and performance expectations. Train staff in standard work protocols, and monitor progress. Maintain documentation of employees performance; prepare and conduct probationary and annual performance appraisals.
- Prepare and coordinate regional Vision Essentials staffing with provider schedules. Adjust staffing to correspond with patient demand to achieve established access, service, revenue, and financial objectives. Establish and maintain a healthy work environment and communication process in alignment with the National Labor Management Partnership to ensure labor participation in decisions that affect the work groups.
- Analyze general ledgers and other financial indicators and productivity reports, reconcile expenses, and explain variances, initiate corrective actions to ensure that budgetary and productivity targets are achieved. Maintain ongoing Vision Essentials productivity reports that correlate staffing and operating expenses with work volume.
- Maintain location assets; monitor pricing of optical merchandise; audit cash handling; conduct periodic physical inventories. Develop and administer loss prevention policies, procedural controls, and audit processes to ensure the security of company assets: equipment, supplies, inventories, and cash.
- Ensure equipment and supplies are available and maintained in proper working order to optimize team effectiveness. Enlist Vision Essentials team members to implement innovative approaches and best practices to improve resource utilization and revenue growth. Ensure ongoing staff involvement to improve team performance and morale. Review and approve all employees automated timecards.
- Ensure member satisfaction with Vision Essentials services. Implement and maintain performance monitoring and quality assurance processes to ensure Vision Essentials complies with applicable laws, regulatory requirements, organizational policies, and professional standards of practice. Resolve member concerns and determine course of action to reduce and increase patient satisfaction.
- Coordinate Vision Essentials services with medical group leadership in a matrix environment including, Optometry and Ophthalmology Chief, Membership Services staff, Medical Office Administration, location Optometrists, Ophthalmologists, Technicians, Optical Lab, Dispensing Opticians, and other Location Managers. Maintain productive and collaborative working relationships in Partnership with local ECBL and local Labor Representative(s).
- Minimum four (4) years of management experience in health care, optical retail, or related environment.
- Bachelors degree in business management, healthcare management or similar OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Demonstrated leadership of multi-unit healthcare clinics or optical locations.
- Thorough knowledge of Ophthalmic, Optometric and/or Optical roles and operations.
- Training or experience in management and business administration, including ability to understand prepare and analyze financial statements, management reports, and budget and performance.
- Knowledge of marketing and sales strategies.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Optometric and optical terminology.
- Demonstrated customer-focused service skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Dispensing Optician License (Washington).
- Ophthalmic Technician Certificate.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest