Masters Level Therapist - Generalist - LICSW, LMFT, LMHC - BellevueBellevue, Washington
Mental health is an essential component of total health. As mental health professionals, we’re on the front lines every day, using the latest advances to help those in need. If you share our passion for care and our commitment to helping those around us, you’ll have the resources you need to make a real difference. Our services include adult and child therapy as well as help with addiction and eating disorders.
- Job Type: Part-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
These are the traits of the most successful members of our behavioral health team.
- Good listener
- Results driven
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Vacation, Holiday & Sick Leave
Supportive Teams & Resources
NOTE: Benefits may vary based on your Kaiser Permanente region, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups. *Offerings vary by location.
We offer a mental health environment that's unique both in the way we treat our patients and in the way we support our health care professionals. Here, we practice evidence-based care in a team setting that’s focused on the needs of the individual, the family and the population as a whole. This gives your patients the opportunity to work towards achieving their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. On our teams, we hold social justice as a shared value and are committed to addressing and eliminating stigma associated with mental health and addiction. Working as part of a team also helps support your own career growth while you provide high-quality strengths-based, brief, solution-focused, and episodic mental health care.
What Our Employees Say
Psychiatric Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente has been an excellent platform for me to grow as a professional. The organization has demonstrated its commitment to the continued growth of its employees through the training it offers and encourages. I’ve always resonated with the organization’s integrated approach to health care, and its recognition of how essential good mental health is to a person’s overall well-being.”
Licensed Certified Social Worker
“I would recommend and do recommend working for Kaiser Permanente. It’s a professional, clean, friendly, fast-paced environment and there is a real trust and respect for clinical staff no matter what role we serve. I love feeling valued and heard and am thankful to have found an environment that provides that.”
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
“This is the best place to work because of the commitment to the total health of our members, the work/life balance, the possibilities to use clinical skills in a variety of capacities within the organization and opportunities for personal and professional growth. As employees of Kaiser Permanente, we all have a voice and are encouraged to use it.”
Clinical Program Manager
“At Kaiser Permanente, I have opportunities to learn and work in a professional setting with people who are passionate about patient care. I love my career as a therapist and now as a manager! I really enjoy helping others and learning new interventions and modalities. These ensure my personal and professional growth.”
“Kaiser Permanente is a health care leader who sets trends and makes a difference in industry practices and protocols. I like the extraordinary resources available to do my job, the servant leadership of my manager and director, and the high standard of business and clinical ethics.”
PsyD, Clinical Psychologist
“We’re an innovative, vision-forward company. While Integrative-Care models are relatively new, we’ve been on the frontlines of building out a high-functioning integrated team for over a decade. Within this model of care, we’re pushed to think out of the box when it comes to patient care, be collaborative, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.”
PhD, Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical
“Kaiser Permanente demonstrates its commitment to their employees’, has a top-notch salary and compensation package, and has a leadership body that is well trained and supportive. As a Clinician and a Manager, I am very impressed with our commitment to quality outcomes. I have truly found a home here and would be honored for Kaiser Permanente to be my last professional stop in my career.”
PsyD, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Psych Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente, in my opinion, is a great mix of professional, friendly and fast-paced. They allow me to be who I am and let me have a voice. I love being a therapist and I’m very proud and excited about the Gender Assessments and transgender group work being conducted. I’m helping the LGBT community and making this population feel comfortable throughout their care journey. Kaiser Permanente is a breath of fresh air to me in my work.”
“I appreciate how Kaiser Permanente strives to reflect inclusivity and representation throughout the organization. I’m excited about an internal clinic comprised of African American clinicians dedicated to supporting the health needs of the African diaspora. I’m proud to be part of committees that intentionally promote equity, inclusion and diversity. These things combined with the benefits, opportunities and people make Kaiser Permanente a great place to work.”
Masters Level Therapist - Generalist - LICSW, LMFT, LMHC - Bellevue
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provide emergency and routine mental health psychotherapy services to consumers, including assessment and treatment. Provide clinical consultation within and outside the Behavioral Health Services Clinic. May participate in the training and clinical supervision of psychotherapy interns.
- Assess clinical needs of consumers calling in crisis, determine appropriate crisis intervention, and provide consultation and referral as necessary. Able to conduct psychosocial assessment, Mental Status Exam, identify chemical dependency and other special / high-risk issues. Utilizing clinical assessment information, formulate a 5 axis DSM IV diagnosis. Assess client needs and issues for focus, determine appropriate level of care, provide consultation / referral, coordinate care between providers and coordination of treatment planning.
- Work with client to develop realistic, measurable treatment goals with clear outcomes. Document all contacts utilizing clear, concise written communications, adhering to KFHPW and BHS Clinical Documentation Standards. Demonstrated proficiency in brief treatment models, family, couple and group therapy models, as well as treatment models appropriate to specialized populations, as may be required. Selects appropriate interventions to match clinical needs. Maintains appropriate therapeutic.
- Manage own caseload and work schedule to maintain a balance of professional standards of practice, quality patient care and the needs of the Behavioral Health Services Clinic. Aware of demand for services and manage caseload to meet access requirements. See clients within response times established as department standards and organize workload in accordance with department priorities. Meet departmental productivity standards.
- Maintain ethical professional and amiable working relationships with KFHPW staff. Demonstrate respect, dependability, flexibility, initiative and followthrough in dealings with clients and colleagues. Work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Effectively utilize all KFHPW on-line clinical and administrative systems.
- Minimum two (2) years of recent, continuous experience as a psychotherapist. Exceptions to experience and certification criteria granted at the discretion of the Behavioral Health Service Delivery System Chief, or his designee.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- Masters degree in a behavioral science.
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (Washington) required at hire OR Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (Washington) required at hire OR Mental Health Counselor License (Washington) required at hire
- Proficiency in treatment models appropriate to specialized population.
- Ability to assess special or high risk situations.
- Experience in a managed care setting.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
More From Kaiser Permanente
Careers in Mental Health
Join a team that helps empower our members to achieve all of their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. Learn more about our culture, programs, and opportunities.
Mental Health Training Programs
Comprehensive programs where more than 200 mental health trainees can work and learn in communities across Northern California.
Mental Health at Kaiser Permanente
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.