Medical Assistant-Pediatrics-Adolescnt/Teen Hlth-40 Hours-BellevueBellevue, Washington & Additional Locations
Success means that you demonstrate KPs Service Commitment of Respect me, Know me, and Guide me. The Medical Assistants prepare patients and exam rooms for care, assist clinicians with procedures, coordinate communications between clinicians and patients, and facilitate completion of preventative care. Our Medical Assistants are motivated by patient interactions, and are fully engaged in caring for the patient's total health.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our Medical Assistant team.
Medical Assistants are an integral component of our care teams. The culture is connected, supportive, encouraging, and collaborative. They support both the patients and the care teams. Medical Assistants connect everything together for the patient, delivering care and service, as well as support and compassion. They also support the operations of our care teams by ensuring that all the behind-the-scenes processes are taken care of so that our clinic can run smoothly.
Medical Assistant-Pediatrics-Adolescnt/Teen Hlth-40 Hours-Bellevue
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Our commitment to our employees goes beyond the workplace, including competitive wages that reflect your value to the company!
We have recently negotiated new wages, which included an up to 12% increase, now reflected in our posted wages.
Additional pay benefits of the new contract for SEIU represented roles, full and part time (can be stacked):
- $2.00/hour Location Premium for onsite work at Bellevue and Seattle
- $2.00/hour Acute Care Premium (Urgent Care, Perioperative Services and Capitol Hill Inpatient Unit)
- Float Pool Premium, amount based on role
Apply today to learn more!
Kaiser Permanente Washington serves over 700,000 members across the state of Washington and is growing! We believe that achieving total health for our members takes teamwork and we are looking for exceptional team members who thrive on delivering an exceptional experience for our members and patients. Kaiser Permanente Washington is recognized as a best place to work that embraces diversity, fosters collaboration, practices mentorship, and believes in a positive, healthy work environment.
Our Medical Assistants (MA) play a critical role and are key to our promise on delivering an exceptional patient experience. As an MA at Kaiser Permanente you will be part of a world class care team working with outstanding nurses, physicians, physicians assistants and nurse practitioners to provide the best care possible. Join us in our mission to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
- Collection of selected data about health status of the patient. Determines consumers purpose for visit, concerns and educational/physical needs. Checks and records consumers vital signs. Records pertinent data on the consumers medical record. Recognizes urgent/emergent situations and refers them in a timely fashion to physician or nurse. Participates with other health team members in the development of the nursing care plan. Contributes pertinent information to the nursing plan of care and passes it on to appropriate professional provider. Follows through and implements the nursing plan of care safely and completely according to role and team specifications. Documents accurate information in proper format.
- Communicates in an attentive and individualized manner in every encounter. Participates in the coordination and facilitation of care for the patient. Cooperates and communicates effectively with other team members in order to accomplish the workload. Recognizes and reports obvious psychosocial, cultural and/or emotional needs. Verifies the patients understanding of the purpose for visit. Instructs and orients patients and family/significant others to the health care team members, the services available, and the means of access to those services. Participates in the orientation of new consumers to KFHPWs policies and procedures. Demonstrates an awareness of the Consumer Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.
- According to the educational plan determined by the professional provider, provides instruction to the patient and family/significant others. Provides instruction that matches learning needs and the nursing plan of care. Encourages patient compliance with therapeutic and medical regimens. Under the direction of the professional provider, provides the patient with preventive care information that matches his/her age, sex, and health status. Utilizes available health education resources. Reinforces the plan with patient to improve general health status.
- Accurately documents selected patient history observations and procedures. Adheres to KFHPW documentation standards. Provides each patient a safe, comfortable, and private environment. Provides a safe environment for each patient and adheres to KFHPW safety standards. Adheres to KFHPW infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for practice, for continued growth and self-evaluation. Identifies own learning needs and participates in educational efforts to meet those needs. Participates in staff orientation and student education activities. Participates with managers in completing the process for self and colleague/team performance reviews. Consistently demonstrates an appearance consistent with current KFHPW dress code policy.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program prior to start date/transfer or equivalent Military experience with ability to obtain MA-I prior to start date.
- Interim Medical Assistant Certificate (Washington) required at hire OR Medical Assistant Certificate (Washington) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- If hired as MA-I, must obtain MA-C prior to the expiration of the MA-I credential.
- Knowledge and skills listed on the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington Medical Assistant Competencies/Skills Inventory.
Washington Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: J02|SEIU|SEIU Service Unit Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Factoria Medical Center - Pediatrics-Adolescnt/Teen Hlth - 1130 Pay Range: $23.71 - $28.76 / hour The ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or state than the location posted. Travel: No At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
More About Kaiser Permanente
The KP Difference
Providing affordable, high-quality care to the people and communities we serve has always been our mission at Kaiser Permanente. Together we're working to make lives better.
Kaiser Permanente Washington
Making lives healthier in Washington. Put your talent and passion to work improving the health and well-being of others. We're here to make lives better.
Diversity & Inclusion
We value the collaboration among our teams and our communities. These connections make us stronger, and we cherish the differences that make us richer.
What Our People Say
“Taking care of a person’s total health is important at Kaiser Permanente. We offer an amazing benefits package for employees, and I value being able to have a direct impact on my patients’ well-being in my role as a Medical Assistant.”
“Becoming a Medical Assistant was one of the best career choices of my life. At Kaiser Permanente, I get to make a difference in the lives of others every day by sharing my passion for health care. The work of a Medical Assistant is demanding and rewarding at the same time!”
“As someone who is passionate about helping people, I am glad I became a Medical Assistant. I finally feel like I can truly help people in a meaningful way. Kaiser Permanente gives me the opportunity to truly help people and I can tell that I am making a significant difference in their lives.”
Medical Assistant Careers
Medical Assistants (MAs) are the backbone of our care teams and play a critical role in delivering an exceptional patient care experience. As an Medical Assistant at Kaiser Permanente, you will be part of a world-class care team working with outstanding Nurses, Physicians, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners to provide the best care possible.
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.