Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Patient Care Tech - Outpatient Surgery Center - Sign on Bonus $10,000Location: Bellevue, WA Job Number: 909850 Date posted: 10/15/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
PATIENT CARE TECH AT BELLEVUE MEDICAL CENTER - SURGERY CENTER. WORKING 34 HOURS PER WEEK, 2-12 HOUR SHIFTS AND 1-10 HOUR SHIFT!
An unlicensed caregiver who maintains a safe and clean environment for patients and Health Care team members. Transport patients with proper technique. Transport equipment, supplies and specimens. Provide environmental sanitation as required.
- Environmental support: Transports specimens to appropriate departments per hospital standards. Cleans all flat surfaces and floors in each operating room between surgical procedures. Cleans all used surgical litters, stretchers, and redresses them for use. Available for spot cleaning or assistance with spills of blood, body fluids, or MSDS listed fluids. Provides environmental sanitation as required by charge nurse. Provides as needed environmental sanitation for common areas (e.g., bathrooms, break room).
- Daily Surgical Service: Prepares the operating rooms prior to the first surgical procedure of the day. Trnasports surgical patients to the operating room. Demonstrates the use of good body mechanics and provides for patient safety when transferring, turning lifting, or assisting in positioning patients. Performs other duties as assigned by operating room staff. Provides surgical skin preparation using proper equipment, techniques, using standardized guidelines, or physician's orders as guidance. Communicates with patients in a courteous and helpful manner. Establishes and maintains communication with the health care team.
- Adheres to all infection control policies taking all appropriate precautions to provide a safe environment for patients and all health care team members. Provides direct assistance with the activities required to begin subsequent surgical procedures. a) Return unneeded surgical equipment to its appropriate storage area. b) Obtain required equipment needed for upcoming surgeries. c) Assist with opening sterile surgical supplies. Understands the basic surgical aseptic technique. Transports patients to the operating suite for surgical procedures and to the unit after recovery.
- Ancillary support: Responsible for daily testing and/or recording of results for a variety of mandated requirements (e.g. cidex sticks, refrigerator charts). Responsible for monthly inventory and control of expired surgical supplies. Restocks all common areas maintaining order, cleanliness, and stock levels. Rotates any expiration-dated supplies restocked. Provides transport of supplies and equipment to and from other departments with the hospital.
- Ongoing development: Demonstrates initiative and responsibility for improving skills and expanding knowledge through continuing education or on the job learning experience.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!