Histologic Technician II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Performs tasks related to fixation and processing of specimens.
- Cuts, prepares, and stains slides from histology specimens.
- Correctly prepares special stains, immunohistochemistry stains and solutions.
- Performs Quality Control on all stained slides.
- Orders reagents, antibodies, and tool parts to ensure adequate supplies for the work.
- May train new employees and students as assigned.
- Operates and Evaluates equipment and reagent systems. Maintains equipment with documentation and reports repairs to manager.
- Also maintains logbooks, Block and slide files.
- Keeps abreast with company's current policies and immunohistochemistry technical updates.
- Writes and updates evaluation reports as well as procedures using the NCCLS format.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest