Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
On-Call Laboratory Assistant IIILocation: Berkeley, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 859002 Date posted: 03/24/2020
- May direct, check, assign and coordinate the work of other Laboratory Assistants.
- Trains and reports on the work performance of other Laboratory Assistants.
- Draws blood from patient's finger, heel, or vein, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
- Obtains the correct amount and type of specimen.
- Documents all requests and released results of lab work accurately.
- Informs physicians of released lab results .
- Completes appropriate routing, handling, and processing of various medical specimens.
- Orders, distributes and stocks supplies as needed.
- May be required to register patients.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilites.
- One (1) year of experience as a Laboratory Assistant required.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- California Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT), where applicable.
- Be fully proficient in all Laboratory Assistant duties in a Medical Center or in a Regional Laboratory Departments.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.