Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
Section Manager Regional LaboratoryLocation: Berkeley, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 806139 Date posted: 07/17/2019
Directs and manages the day-to-day operations of their specific area of responsibility which includes all personnel activities, technical oversight, general workflow and budget. Ensures compliance with federal state and local requirements.
- Directs and manages the day-to-day operations for a major clinical laboratory department or multiple sections.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and ensures competency of staff. Motivates and encourages professional growth.
- Controls costs by monitoring personnel utilization, material usage rates, analyzing fluctuations in types and volumes of tests, and implementing corrective action.
- Implements departmental Total Quality Management.
- Participates in the design and evolution of Regional Laboratory and Northern California Region integrated laboratory quality system.
- Ensures compliance/ regulatory and accreditation agencies' rules and regulations.
- Implements effective risk control process.
- Researches/resolves client problems/issues.
- Oversees and coordinates startup, implementation and maintenance activities resulting from new services or transfer of services.
- Participates in department, inter-department, inter-facility and inter-regional projects which help the Regional Laboratory achieve its goal of providing quality service and client support in a cost effective manner.
- Develops transition plan and timelines for new services/tests, outreach programs or transfer of work, and monitors milestones to achieve service expectations.
- Coordinates internal resources to support new services.
- Serves as primary liaison to RILIS/ITS for ongoing and new issues.
- Develops needs analysis as appropriate.
- Coordinates the integration of secondary laboratory information systems with RILIS.
- Serves as Department Manager in his/her absence.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a high-volume clinical laboratory required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a supervisory/managerial position required.
- Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science or related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist or limited specialty license required.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local, and accreditation agency regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.