Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Senior Financial/Cost AnalystLocation: Berkeley, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 834412 Date posted: 10/08/2019
- Primary focus for the senior level is to lead a team or NFS function performing the day to day NFS Finance & Accounting activities
- Reviews project financial data input to the project mgmt/accounting systems for accuracy & compliance to policy
- Coordinates project accounting information (opening, completion potential impairments etc.) w/ Regional Property Accounting
- Develops budgets, forecasts, analyzes, & monitors operating costs & expense budgets
- Leads and/or coordinates the analysis & review of cash forecasting reporting, in conjunction w/ the NFS Mgmt & Regional Planning depts
- Reviews financial aspects of contracts & pay applications/invoices
- Identifies & analyzes activities (project capitalization, impairments, etc.) that may impact regional financial results & effectively communicates them to the financial leads region
- Prepares and/or reviews key mgmt cost reports, i.e. Main Loan Fund Mgmt Accountability Report (MMAR)
- Identifies & manages cost trend data & schedule impacts & brings to attention of Project Manager & NFS Team
- Resolves invoicing issues w/ vendors, contractors & professional services providers. Support negotiations as compliant to KP requirements
- Prepares accruals & journal entries for month end close on operating costs; researches unusual variances during month end close
- Works on assignments of diverse & complex scope
- Interprets less defined guidelines to make recommendations for process improvements and/or enhancements
- Requires complex planning to coordinate w/ other depts or resources
- Responsibilities impact the achievement of key functional, NFS, and/or KP objectives that have direct & significant business impact
- Contributes to the achievement of the dept's objectives
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations could result in the inability to reach functional & NFS objectives & negatively affect expenditures & resources
- Involves interpreting & analyzing established concepts & trends
- Exercises considerable judgment to make decisions for less defined & complex issues
- Requires complex decision-making
- Develops solutions to a diverse range of complex problems, which require creativity & innovation w/in broadly defined policies & practices
- Assume other duties as directed
- Minimum six (6) years of financial or project controls experience including two (2) years in architectural, design, contracting, and project management or construction environment.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or construction management discipline, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Understanding of the accounting for construction work in progress and the capitalization requirements of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and systems skills to include proficiency in PC based applications (Excel and Access including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Understanding of accounting for leases (specific to Facility, Clinical Technology or Real Estate operations).
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years in a lead financial analysis and/or accounting role preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or CPA preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.