Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
Account Management Undergrad InternLocation: Burbank, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 768310 Date posted: 02/14/2019
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
Responsible for the management of National Account customers (3k+ eligibles within 3 or more regions). Account Management responsibilities include addressing and resolving all customer needs, managing the customers RFP and end-to-end renewal cycle from RFP through confirmation of sold rates and benefits to installation.
- We have such a large volume of credible data over 2 or 3 renewal cycles depending on the region. The data that we currently look at is only a small percentage of what is available to us. I-d like for our intern to do a deep dive into our data to see if there are additional trends or opportunities that we have not yet seen. If the intern has the technical ability, I-d like for them to leverage Power BI and/or Tableau for their data analysis and data visualization.
- Map the shared model process and make recommendations for improvement. This includes the management of the shared inboxes and alternatives to how it is currently managed today.
- Map the confirmation process for NA, CI, MA, Multi-State, National New Sales and PEX and make recommendations for alignment/changes.
- Build out a more comprehensive capacity model that encompasses both volume, which is the current capability, and complexity.
- Develop a checklist / training program for a new CEC.
- Make recommendations on how we can further leverage and incorporate Sharepoint/Box/One Drive/MS Teams into our workflow.
- Document end-to-end renewal process and create Visio flow charts for the regions that have not already done so.
- Assist in follow-up with the team on all late or outstanding tasks.
- Establish a consistent tracking methodology to prevent underreporting and overreporting.
- General CaseConnect administration and quality checks. Ensure customer profiles, case profiles and timeline entries are completed accurately.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated from an accredited university within the last year.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
Desired Skill Set:
Analytical, project management, attention to detail, proactive, strong verbal and written communication, ability to work both independently and within a team, highly proficient in Excel, Word and Visio (Visio knowledge is preferable but not required).
- Computer Science
- Business Admin
- Public Health
- Health Care Admin
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.