Application Implementation Specialist
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Membership Administration (MA) department at Kaiser Permanente is a customer-facing group that provides critical information to Care Delivery, Revenue Management, and Health Plan operations. Within Kaiser, the Membership Administration function supports over 100 million transactions (e.g., enrollment, premium billing, reconciliation) per year to support $70+ billion of annual premiums for 12 million members and 90 thousand employer groups. MA is currently implementing a new administration platform (KP MembershipConnect) that will enhance transaction processing automation and facilitate business process standardization across multiple lines of business (Commercial, individual & Family, Medicare, and Medicaid) across all KP regions. KP MembershipConnect (KPMC) is a multi-year system implementation and process optimization program that will roll out industry leading capabilities for premium billing, enrollment/eligibility updates, group/contract setup, and self-service transaction processing.
The Application Implementation Specialist reports to Senior Director, Strategic Solutions Implementation for the KPMC program and works closely with operational leaders, IT leaders, and vendor partners. You’ll play a key role as a Oracle Revenue Management & Billing expert who analyzes application configuration against approved requirements, provides critical insights through root cause analysis and solution recommendations to testing defects, and documents business process flows to validate integration with upstream/downstream KPMC components.
Responsible for a range of process improvement and process management activities. Activities include planning, performing, and implementing process improvement initiatives, in addition to ownership of operational processes. These initiatives may represent one portion of a larger project, or may represent a stand alone initiative or function within a work group or department. Process management functions may include data gathering and analysis, best practice research, process mapping, developing and recommending alternatives for improvement, developing performance metrics, obtaining leadership or stakeholder agreement, implementing improvements, and monitoring post-process improvement initiative performance to updated standards. Activities are undertaken and executed in support of organizational goals and are accountable for providing business process solutions to meet internal and external customer expectations. May utilize Lean/Six Sigma processes and concepts to lead process improvement initiatives. Partners with management, project champions, and process owners to execute the project and deliver results.
- Data Analysis: Identifies sources for, gathers and analyzes data relevant to processes. May review the work of less senior analysts/consultants. May be responsible for defining data requirements and obtaining customer agreements.
- Research: Reviews best practice research prepared by less senior analysts/consultants. Makes recommendations on appropriate solutions based on research; may select from alternatives presented.
- Process Architecture: Designs complex processes and reviews the work of less senior analysts/consultants. Ensures process mapping is complete; provides feedback and guidance to less senior analysts/consultants. Interviews stakeholders and process owners to define processes. Helps define standards and methods.
- Process Recommendations: Determines process recommendation documents, including presentations, process maps, supporting metrics, business requirements and related impact analyses for complex processes or for portions of larger or inter-related processes. May lead the development of recommendations by less senior analysts/consultants. May apply Lean/Six Sigma concepts and techniques to process improvement initiatives, including completing Lean/Six Sigma analyses and tasks. Shares accountability for realization of results with process owners and may present recommendations to stakeholders and process owners.
- Performance Management & Control: Defines, develops and evaluates performance metrics to establish process success, and may participate in working with multiple stakeholders, often with competing/conflicting objectives, to ensure cohesive and reachable measures of success. Reviews data post- implementation to measure success; participates in defining standards of improvement success.
- Change Management: Participates in and may lead change management activities associated with process improvement. Engages leadership and stakeholders to obtain support and buy in for changes. Partners with management, project champions, and process owners to align process improvement initiatives with business objectives.
- (For Six Sigma Black Belts): May track progress ofSix Sigma Green Belt consultants and newly certified Black Belt Consultants in Lean/Six Sigma initiatives. Trains other employees in Lean/Six Sigma concepts and techniques. Coaches and mentors employees seeking Green Belt and Black Belt certification.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.