Data Analytics Undergraduate InternLocation: Burbank, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 760561 Date posted: 02/06/2019
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
The intern will be part of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program Line of Business Analytical Team.
The intern will be responsible for analyzing the Customer Analytics and Reporting data and provide summary reports by region and federal department. These reports will help the Sales Team to provide valuable information to the Federal Departments Leaders and improve relationship. The intern will also be responsible for analyzing the Sales Connect data and produce reports that will help the Sales Management team better understand the performance.
Desired Skill Set:
Analytical skills, data visualization, attention to details, knowledge of computer programming concepts and experience with database scripting like SQL
Basic Qualifications: - Completed coursework must have an emphasis on quantitative topics (e.g. Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences). - High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required. Preferred Qualifications:
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated from an accredited university within the last year.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
- Completed coursework must have an emphasis on quantitative topics (e.g. Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences).
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Oct 10, 2018
"Happy KP employee"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)
I have worked for Kaiser Permanente for just over 5 years. They are great company that has been nothing but supportive in helping move toward my career goals, including helping me pay for my Masters degree. They have also been a dream to work with during two maternity leaves.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.