Engagement Specialist IIIBurbank, California
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Engagement Specialist III
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Please visit the Technical Information page for assistance or reach out to the web manager at email@example.com.
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Accountable for creating sales opportunities through targeted enrollment activities to increase membership and build support for KP. Establish and maintain customer relationships to optimize potential for growth. Identify, create and execute on an engagement plan in collaboration with Account Manager. Establish and maintain internalcommunication links to ensure timely and accurate onboarding of prospective members.
- Engage customer and broker contacts to ensure understanding of KP and how we serve consumers. Identify the key personnel, the functions they perform, their role in the Direct Marketing process and their opinions about KP in conjunction with the Account Manager/Executive Account Manager. Fully understand customers business and business challenges. Identify key KP personnel who can enhance the business relationship. Proactively communicate advantages of KP and link to customer business needs. Identify customer needs and develop appropriate solutions. Keep customers informed on health care industry trends. Communicate information about regional and enterprise financial position. Understand overall account strategy and implement a local communication plan that supports it. Follow up on and resolve customer issues and concerns in a timely and accurate manner or refer to an appropriate team member. Serve as consumer subject matter expert on local service area. Serve as product and funding type subject matter expert.
- Engage union contacts to ensure understanding of KP and how we serve union members. Understand the relationship between the union and management in the account. Identify the unions key personnel, the functions they perform, their role in the DM process and their opinions about KP. Fully understand unions business and business challenges. Identify key KP personnel who can enhance the business relationship. Proactively communicate advantages of KP and link to customer business needs. Keep union contacts informed on health care industry trends. Communicate information about regional and enterprise financial position. Understand overall account strategy and implement local communication plan that supports it. Build and use union relationships to gain access to steward meetings, retiree clubs, new member orientations, etc. to present and sell KP. Follow up on and resolve union issues and concerns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analyze open enrollment opportunities and develop and execute strategies to maximize KPs visibility and membership growth. Focus on targeted customer engagement leading to increased consumer engagement. Partner with Account Teams on a consumer strategy development and execution. Customers will be more complex and have larger membership, organizational structure, and consumer needs. Evaluate group-specific needs for open enrollment meetings and presentations. Engage customer in identifying most appropriate approach. Coordinate activities and staffing for meetings and presentations. Work with account managers and group contacts to determine group specific open enrollment needs. Develop plan for acting on opportunities. Identify and secure resources needed to execute plan. Participate in enrollment events; enrollment meetings, health fairs, etc. Track and monitor plan throughout open enrollment season. Complete post-open enrollment analysis; identify lessons learned. Report analysis to account managers. Focus on milestones leading to increased consumer engagement. Participate in special projects to impact consumer engagement. Act in a leadership role within the Enrollment Specialist community around development of tools and processes to increase membership through consumer strategy development and execution.
- Initiate any and all opportunities outside of open enrollment to engage with members and potential members to ensure understanding of and commitment to KP. Engage contacts to identify opportunities for KP visibility with employees. Develop and present proposals to account manager and contacts. Develop plan for acting on opportunities agreed to by contacts. Develop and execute strategies. Evaluate success.
- Engage broker and customer contacts to ensure understanding of KP technology tools (e.g. kp.org., My Health Manager, KP Mobile Apps, microsites). Identify customers who have microsites and measure usage and update annually. Develop a microsite usage report that can be shared with the broker and customer. Target potential microsite customers and pitch implementation to broker and customer. Develop plan for demonstrating kp.org to customer and their employees. Develop and execute strategies. Evaluate success.
- Acquire and enter customer engagement data in a timely and accurate manner. Enter encounter data in a timely manner. Track membership changes for groups that have an account plan monthly or required by manager. Collect competitor information at the worksite as appropriate. Enter competitor information into Sales Connect as needed.
- Reinforce a culture of collaboration and accountability between sales, account management, product development, member marketing communications, case installation, local service area resources and other key internal partners. Review and document onboarding plan in conjunction with the Account Manager and Associate Account Manager. In conjunction with Sales, ensure that medical centers are aware of new group activity as appropriate. Track onboarding experience to uncover areas of improvement and develop/document best practices. Identify and notify Account Manager about trends and urgent issues.
- Accountable for financial aspects of the position. (e.g. awareness of current on-site wellness program charges and customer-specific marketing communications charges). Annually select marketing communications collateral for use by local Service Area. Understand costs for standard materials. Inform Service Area team of worksite wellness opportunities and associated costs.
- Assist Account Management team as needed to assure timely processing of contract renewals. Have a full and in depth understanding of the products and conditions of offering. Have a full and in depth understanding of the accounts that are in the renewal process and the status of each.
- May provide leadership to the team. Leads other team members and ensures that weekly reports and deadlines are met according to established guidelines. Monitor, track and follow through on all escalated concerns and report information to Management to ensure that QA standards are being adhered to. Keep other team members informed and up-to-date on important information and influencing events. Represent team members requests and needed improvements to management. Act as a role model to maintain a positive, empowering work environment. Coach and train team members as needed. Build and maintain positive working relationships within the team, department and organization. Provide input into the recruitment, hiring, coaching, mentoring and monitoring of employees. Provide input into policies and procedures as needed. Assist with development of new and less seasoned team members.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in sales, telemarketing, customer service in an office setting, claims, or marketing.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience of the above in sales, account management or health plan administration in the health care industry.
- Bachelors degree in marketing or finance or business administration or related degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Accident and Health Insurance License (in location where applicable) within 3 months of hire
- Proven track record of meeting individual business objectives.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills required.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy with high volume work.
- Proven ability to quickly establish rapport in key relationships.
- Quick learner of key information.
- Ability to take direction from multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborative work style.
- Two (2) years of experience with employee group benefits.
- One (1) year of experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- Background experience in brokerage/consultant, insurance carrier, TPA, or benefits administration.
- Demonstrated understanding of current/future trends and changes in healthcare/health insurance laws/regulations.
- Possesses and maintains a high level of knowledge of Kaiser Permanente and the products offered.
- Thorough knowledge of underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.