Executive Account Manager V, National Accounts PEO TeamBurbank, CA
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
More About Kaiser Permanente
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
We work as one — to the power of 276,000. Every single member of our team is essential to our success. Together, we help deliver a healthier tomorrow while focusing on the wellness of our patients and our communities.
Diversity & Inclusion
We value the collaboration among our teams and our communities. These connections make us stronger, and we cherish the differences that make us richer.
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Executive Account Manager V, National Accounts PEO Team
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Efficiently directs the collaboration in the development and execution of all strategic and tactical plans to achieve optimal growth potential and optimal business partnership in each account.
- Proactively identifies membership growth, retention and expansion opportunities through analysis of customers business objectives, their industries, and the dynamics of the health care market.
- Proactively develops ongoing member enrollment strategies to achieve growth targets.
- Positions the organization competitively to ensure optimal membership growth and protect against losses.
- Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case which assesses membership and financial impact along with other relevant factors.
- Guides team to develop 365 strategies and Open Enrollment engagement plans to achieve growth targets.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute territory and account management sales plans and strategies.
- Leads and manages the account team to achieve a consistent experience across all KP regions, develop specific account plans, and direct daily activities to achieve account goals.
- Develops and leads the implementation of an enterprise strategy for each customer and/or consultant that meet both KP enterprise and KP regions business goals and meet the needs of the customer /consultant.
- Develops and executes strategy and account plans to ensure attainment of group-specific goals and optimal positioning including administration functions, negotiations and customer presentations.
- Identifies and analyzes current industry and competitor trends, and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning processes.
- Identifies and coordinates marketing, management and technical resources to achieve existing account sales plan objectives.
- Provides strategic recommendations to the design of new products, benefits offering, or pricing models that will address customer needs and business challenges.
- Strengthens KPs competitive position in the marketplace.
- Develops strategic partnerships to continuously improve our business relationships with customers to optimize the growth potential in each account.
- Directs the team effort across both internal account teams and key cross-functional and cross regional partners to effectively execute strategy.
- Builds and maintains broker/channel partnerships to increase business potential.
- Initiates and leads account specific strategy development with internal departments.
- Initiates and facilitates KP executive collaboration to reach agreements on recommended strategic issues and policies related to specific accounts.
- Strategically consults with customer channels on all components of their strategy/offering.
- Develops and executes account plans to ensure attainment of group-specific goals.
- Proficiently leverages use of support staff including Associate Account Managers to optimize sales execution and time management.
- Continuously monitors performance against plan adjusting as market and KP imperatives dictate.
- If Occupational Health (CA):
- Proactively develops ongoing strategies to achieve growth targets.
- Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case, which assesses financial impact along with other relevant factors.
- Guides team to develop strategies and engagement plans to achieve growth targets.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in the health care industry.
- Experienced in meeting individual business objectives.
- If Occupational Health (CA): Minimum six (6) years of experience in workers compensation processes, products, and contracts.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration.
- If Occupational Health: Bachelors degree in finance, business administration,risk management and insurance, nursing OR four (4) years of experience in business development, risk management, and/or insurance.
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to highly complex issues.
- Advanced computer and analytic skills, including experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Effective account management skills.
- Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures.
- Complete knowledge of all company products and services and may be tasked with sales/ development of new or strategic products.
- Complete understanding of and experience with employee group benefits.
- Thorough knowledge of health care industry, understanding of current/future trends and changes in laws/regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of competitors strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- Demonstrated strength and ability to interface with and influence key decision makers/clients through use of negotiation skills, dealing with ambiguity and conflict management.
- If Occupational Health (CA): Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to workers compensation services, policies and procedures.
- If Occupational Health (CA): Knowledge of occupational health care industry, understanding of current/future trends and changes in laws/regulations.
- Five (5) years of experience building internal networks and consensus to shape decisions of upper management.
- Five (5) years of experience working with senior-level managers and demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility for relationship management and consultation.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience actively participating within the account management team to identify barriers and build a successful strategic planning to advance relationship and goals.
- Five (5) years of experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- Previous experience which demonstrates the ability to work with employers, consumers, consultants, local and inter-regional brokers.
- MHA, MPH, or MBA.
1800 Harrison, 1800 Harrison St., Oakland,California, 94612
Kaiser Permanente Building, 500 NE Multnomah St., Portland,Oregon, 97232
Regional Office - 9 Piedmont, 9 Piedmont Center 3495 Piedmont Rd. NE, Atlanta,Georgia, 30305
Renton Administration - Adams, 2921 Naches Ave. SW, Renton,Washington, 98057 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Po/Ho Corp - HP PROD MGMT-NATL ACCTS - 7016 Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.