Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Financial ConsultantLocation: Burbank, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 763403 Date posted: 01/11/2019
- Provides project, service line or product line management, management consulting, and analytical decision support services or technical expertise for a broad array of financial and operational issues.
- Responsible for more complex multi-faceted projects and analyses across disciplines and functional areas.
- Assists in developing performance monitoring process and coordinating compilation, interpretation and presentation of monitoring information.
- Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets.
- May be responsible for budget system completion, high level reviews and conducting area wide analyses for target development.
- Conducts or participates in complex projects where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of factors.
- Minimum eight (8) years of financial analysis or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in finance related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Regularly contributes to the development of new financial analysis concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered expert in field within KP.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new financial analysis theories and methods.
- Expert proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis policies, practices and systems.
- Extensive knowledge of several or all of the following: general finance theories and methodologies, discounted cash flow analysis, cost/benefit analysis, feasibility studies, large scale business planning, financial modeling and project management.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.