Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Manager, Retention MarketingLocation: Burbank, CA Additional Locations:
Kaiser Center 300 Lakeside St., 300 Lakeside St., Oakland,California, 94612 Job Number: 860215 Date posted: 02/03/2020
The Member Engagement and Retention team supports Kaiser Permanente member retention through a mix of traditional marketing outreaches and experience optimization efforts. This Marketing Manager role will analyze member behavior and outcomes to create data-driven marketing strategies - and partner with multiple internal and external resources to execute campaigns.
The Direct Response Marketing Department is responsible for developing and implementing targeted direct response marketing strategies to support business line growth objectives. Responsibilities include serving as a liaison to the client on day-to-day marketing campaign activities and providing day-to-day project management and oversight to strategic campaign development and implementation.
- Key contributor to development of marketing plans and drives implementation of Marketing Plan Development as set forth by Practice Leader and leadership teams.
- Manages complex project implementation of Direct Marketing campaigns, including creative development and media buy.
- Reviews and edits marketing materials and coordinates editing process with internal and external partners.
- Develops/writes campaign brief and works with agency to develop tactical executions.
- Contributes to improvements in project management methodologies and processes.
- Leads multi-function, multi-level groups to consensus around key business issues and marketing strategies.
- Works independently to problem solve and drive business objectives.
- Hires, fires, and manages team of 2-5 within established policy and procedure.
- Gathers requirements for campaign and manages day to day relationships with clients.
- Leverages results from prior campaigns to make recommendations and develop strategies to present to Practice Leader.
- Works independently to drive business objectives and manage team on day to day implementation of marketing campaigns.
- Makes decisions in absence of leadership in order to meet deadlines, stay within budget and/or drive business objectives.
- Will have two to five direct reports.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in development and implementation of Direct Response Marketing Campaigns across multiple channels in an agency or corporate marketing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration marketing, communications or advertising.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proven self-starter with strong ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Direct Response Marketing principles, Consumer behavior.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and implement multi-faceted direct response marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to manage through influence.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to draw conclusions based on multiple variables in order to make sound business decisions.
- Ability to manage budgets and make recommendations to change budget allocations based on business needs.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience managing large budgets, variances, and making recommendations to spend or cut based on these variances preferred.
- Work hiring, firing, training staff preferred.
- Managed external vendor relationships preferred.
- Proven track record of direct marketing tactics, creative thinking, and problem solving preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong analytic skills, able to find insights in data, and use those insights to inform strategies and create persuasive business rationale.
- Proven experience writing successful business cases, and stellar presentation skills (visual and verbal, remote and in-person).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.