Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Marketing Communication Project Manager ILocation: Burbank, CA Additional Locations:
Kaiser Center 300 Lakeside St., 300 Lakeside St., Oakland,California, 94612
Ordway One Kaiser Plaza, One Kaiser Plaza, Oakland,California, 94612 Job Number: 878446 Date posted: 03/26/2020
The Marketing Communications Project Manager supports the Consulting Services team in ensuring that project results fulfill client objectives, reflect Kaiser Permanente brand standards, meet all required criteria for accuracy and compliance, and are completed in a timely, cost-effective manner. The Project Manager manages communications projects for multiple marketing and member retention programs for program-wide, regional, and/or service area clients. This position supports the Communications Consultants in problem-solving, decision-making, and client contact. This position also collaborates with Brand Management, Creative Services, Operations and Production, and other Consulting Services staff to promote and support Shared Services Marketing Communications goals.
- Develops formal project work plan (including schedule and cost estimates) for Marketing Communications projects of a moderately strategic and/or complex nature.
- Provide relevant project direction to client, team, or functional partners (e.g., Creative Services, Operations, Production units) to ensure completion within project parameters including budget and schedule. Interface with other functions (e.g., writing, editing, translation, photography, etc.) as required by project
- Help gather additional input and assist in problem-solving as required.
- Recommend and present creative drafts for review. Ensure that creative brief is approved by Brand Management, Consulting Services, and Creative Services staff.
- Continually evaluate project components for effectiveness against criteria and develop alternative solutions as required.
- Route project for approval as appropriate and ensure all necessary signoffs are secured (regulatory, legal, brand, and client) prior to production.
- Track project costs against established budget and report results to appropriate parties/ stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support clients with appropriate contact and effective decision-making.
- Take ownership of project issues and provide client consultation and service.
- Continually track and document project status against timeline. Update project schedule in database to accurately indicate current status.
- Provide updates to key stakeholders and/or teams as applicable.
- Open complex projects as assigned and close projects in a timely fashion.
- Record time-keeping and invoice information for project file.
- Collaborate with program-wide, regional, and/or service area staff to share resources, procedures, and standards.
- Manage additional duties as necessary or assigned.
- Opens routine and/or moderately complex projects as assigned and closes projects in a timely fashion, using departmental project management software applications.
- Drafts talking points, FAQs, emails, and other support materials to complement tactical components of marketing communications programs.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in writing and editing, leading marketing communications projects for diverse market segments, audiences&industries, and developing and implementing strategic and tactical communications plans.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, advertising or design, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Familiar with health care industry.
- Ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues in simple terms, both verbally and in written form.
- Demonstrated skills in communications project management from concept through completion.
- Familiar with computer-based publication design, reproduction&output processes, and software programs such as: Dreamweaver, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Proficient in software used by the department.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Health care industry experience preferred.
- Portfolio of work samples preferred.
- Production of EVP of Health Plan Operations and Chief Growth Officer's' internal and external presentations.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint use and creative design.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Production of communications plans and execution of tactics for MSSA-wide, internal initiatives and efforts (those authored/sponsored by EVP of Health Plan Operations and Chief Growth Officer. Excellent communication skills -- writing/editing and verbal.
-Will report to chief of staff, to the EVP of Health Plan Operations and Chief Growth Officer.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.