Sales Executive/Representative IBurbank, California
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Sales Executive/Representative I
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Define and develop sales opportunities for membership growth.
- Develop and execute sales strategy for maximizing member and revenue growth.
- Sell the group with right rate, product benefit mix and conditions of offering in compliance with KP policy and procedures and federal and state law.
- Complete analysis of sales strategies and communicate lessons learned and future strategies.
- Participate in industry related associations and organization activities.
- Develop internal relationship with internal KP stakeholders in order to maximize KP resources.
- Work collaboratively with channel resources to maximize group sales.
- Work collaboratively with Broker Development to put on broker outreach and development programs.
- Develop relationship with staff in Account Management and Underwriting to leverage collective skills.
- Develop and present finalist presentations, coordinating the various teams and resources.
- Identify and qualify small group prospects.
- Assess prospects and prioritize best opportunity sales.
- Develop a channel plan and report channel profile and performance results to management.
- Work collaboratively with account management and other internal/external partners on strategies for targeted prospects and final sales efforts.
- Build new broker relationships to increase prospect and sales opportunities.
- Ensure timely follow-up on customer/broker issue and concerns.
- Attend targeted industry conferences, representing KP regionally within the assigned territory. Reports back to the enterprise key findings, perceptions.
- Identify key competitors in the marketplace.
- Collect, aggregate, and report competitive developments and trends for organizational strategic planning.
- Collaborate with others in KP to develop competitive strategy.
- Seek opportunities for improving KP image/visibility in business community.
- Effectively present KPs value proposition to brokers.
- Communicate advantages of KP and link to customers business and employee benefit needs.
- Keep brokers informed on health care industry trends and KP development.
- Understand the brokers business and business challenges.
- Identify customer needs and recommend appropriate solutions linking KP mission, vision and values, key quality measures, care management initiatives and services initiatives.
- Identify and communicate broker needs and expectations to other departments to ensure high quality customer experience.
- Ensure accurate use of sales systems.
- Prepare account manager to assume responsibility for account.
- Ensure accurate enrollment processes.
- Review and resolve outstanding broker and customer issues.
- With account manager, review administration processes with customer/broker/consultant.
- Previous experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Previous experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in strong interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration or related degree OR four (4) years of experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
- Accident and Health Insurance License (in location where applicable) within 3 months of hire
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Proven ability to identify key stakeholder(s), their objectives, and metrics.
- Proven ability to adjust language and messages to different stakeholders.
- Some knowledge of and experience with employee health benefits.
- Proven track record of successful sales dealing with issues and relationship sensitivity.
- One (1) year of experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
- Experience in insurance and KPIC/CST or Small Group products.
- Proficiency in regulations related to marketing, benefits, enrollment and other guidelines as governed by regulatory agencies.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.