Senior Underwriting Consultant
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Partner with Sales and Account Management and other key internal stakeholders to create and execute a business plan that optimizes our opportunities across book of business.
- Produce accurate quotes in compliance with Underwriting & authority guidelines and state & federal laws for existing and prospective business.
- Develop and execute account and/or book of business plans to ensure attainment of goals primarily on complex cases.
- Lead peer review including the most complex cases to ensure accuracy & appropriateness of quote.
- Manage business processes and policies that support for all job levels particularly in areas of rate actions, benefit structure, customer engagements, etc.
- Meets established department turn around goals by balancing deadlines.
- Designs new and interpret existing policies, procedures, and methodology.
- Develop and leads in the implementation of continuous quality improvement programs.
- Strategically partner with & influence Actuarial Services and other internal customers to ensure KP business processes are in alignment with organizational and external customer goals when approppriate.
- Ensure Underwriting is an integral partner in the creation of effective business solutions.
- Establish and leverage relationships with Sales/Account Management and external customers that optimizes business potential with purchasers, brokers & consultants.
- Develop creative solutions that maximize credibility with customers & Sales/Account Management and external customers.
- Proactively acquire & exhibit knowledge of the external business environment to add value.
- Provide leadership to the team.
- Create and maintain positive, empowering work environment.
- Act as a role model.
- Coach and develop team members.
- Minimum seven (7) years experience in rating, underwriting, marketplace evaluations, and/or financial analysis in a managed care environment.
- Bachelors degree required in business administration, health care administration, mathematics, statistics, or related degree OR four (4) years of experience rating, underwriting, marketplace evaluations, and/or financial analysis in a managed care environment.
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases,
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Experienced in meeting individual business objectives.
- Previous experience with employee group benefits.
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Proficiency and understanding of underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to highly complex issues.
- Experience in Large Group Underwriting.
- Eight (8) years quantitative analysis experience.