Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Strategic Marketing Communications Project Manager IILocation: Burbank, CA Job Number: 730910 Date posted: 08/30/2018
- The Strategic Marketing Communications Project Manager II will lead the project management and planning for the Health plan administrative correspondence and governance initiative and support other Integrated Marketing Communications strategic goals. This position requires strong strategic and critical thinking, presentation and communication skills.
- Partner with Senior Manager to maintain and support enterprise and functional governance councils. Lead cross-functional correspondence improvements through Marketing Content Team and manage stakeholder engagement.
- Manage success reporting to test correspondence improvements and determine channel optimizations. Lead project planning to track overall goal status, member experience journey mapping, correspondence improvement workstreams and functional governance progress.
- Develops communications project plans of a strategic or complex nature, which identify key issues, problems, approaches, performance metrics and resources required, and designs processes to address these problems.
- Establishes effective professional business relationships w/clients either alone or in cooperation w/a Consultant.
- Instructs and educates clients on all aspects of project. Accountable for the development of project documentation for executives and other key clients to facilitate sharing of project outcomes and best practices.
- Assists Consultants in developing Marketing Communications plans that support strategic marketing efforts. In support of the Consultant, may meet w/clients to analyze short and long-term business requirements.
- Assists in the development of training and mentoring new Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
- Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms, and behaviors. Provides guidance to team on performance and productivity issues.
- Establishes team membership and negotiates time commitments and resource allocation.
- Designs research plans for data gathering and analysis, and leads the assessment of the collected data and development of action plans.
- Plans and facilitates meetings, making formal presentations to various audiences that establish the procedures regarding the implementation of project outcome.
- Provides leadership to communication project teams in support of high-impact, multifaceted marketing and member retention programs.
- Projects are typically divisional, regional and (in some cases) multiregional in scope; they are also strategic and complex, requiring in-depth evaluation of key issues.
- Project outcomes must serve to effectively differentiate KP's market position to a broad array of targeted member, prospective member and/or purchaser audiences.
- Project results must meet strategic objectives as well as demonstrate appropriate and consistent application of Kaiser Permanente brand identity standards.
- Drawing on extensive experience and skills, may lead multidisciplinary, interdepartmental teams on high visibility, complex member, marketing and new media projects designed to increase recognition of Kaiser Permanente as a leader in quality health care.
- Plays a pivotal role in identifying key issues, formulating project direction, facilitating problem-solving and bringing projects to closure.
- Recommends solutions, communicates progress and evaluates results to ensure that project outcomes are appropriate for the targeted divisional or regional audience, meet project-specific criteria, reflect brand standards for design/voice/style and are consistent w/strategic marketing and member retention goals.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in writing and editing, leading marketing communications projects for diverse market segments, audiences and industries (consumer and business-to-business), and developing and implementing strategic and tactical communications plans.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, advertising or design or other related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Creative and independent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Thorough familiarity with computer-based publications design and reproduction processes.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Portfolio of work samples must demonstrate mastery of complex, high-impact projects.
- Demonstrated ability to determine key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Effective leadership, communications project management, and consulting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze key project issues and recommend appropriate communications solutions.
- Demonstrated success in leading strategic project teams with multiple stakeholders.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Communications project management experience in health care preferred.
- Master's degree in above subjects is preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.