Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
Laboratory AssistantLocation: Burien, WA Job Number: 957939 Date posted: 05/04/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Lab Assistant performs the pre-analytic phases of laboratory testing procedures and may also perform the analytic and post analytic phases of waived testing procedures. Duties include face to face and telephone customer service; computer data entry and retrieval, workplace cleanliness and maintenance. S/he is responsible for documentation of all activities, monitoring supplies, and compliance with all regulatory and accreditation requirements related to safety and lab testing. Responsible for following KP Laboratory policies and procedures.
- Specimen Collection and Processing: Collects specimens for lab testing. Has knowledge of special specimen collection and handling requirements for specific populations, eg. infants, pediatric and geriatric patients. Processes specimens for lab testing according to laboratory procedures.
- Computer Data Entry and Retrieval: Accessions specimens, retrieves information, enters results
- Other duties: Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Performs maintenance. Performs waived testing, EKG testing. Teaches phlebotomy students, employees.
- Technical Resource: Helps resolve problems and answer pre-analytical procedural questions. Serves as a frontline resource to laboratory customers. Assists in the review and updates of laboratory procedure manuals.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Medical Assistant Certificate (Washington) OR Medical Assistant Phlebotomist Certificate (Washington)
- Basic computer skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Recent completion of a phlebotomy program OR recent phlebotomy and clinical laboratory experience.
- Phlebotomy and clinical laboratory training.
Learn About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.