Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Physician Informatics Terminology SpecialistLocation: California, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 789317 Date posted: 04/12/2019
The Permanente Federation LLC (the Federation) is the national leadership and consulting organization for the eight Permanente Medical Groups (PMGs), which, together with the Kaiser Foundation Health Plans (KFHP) and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals (KFH), comprise Kaiser Permanente. The PMGs employ almost 23,000 physicians, approximately 90,000 nurses, other clinicians and staff, and provide care to over 12.2 million Kaiser Permanente members. The Federation works on behalf of the PMGs to optimize care delivery and advance Permanente Medicine - medicine that is patient centered, evidence based, technology enabled, culturally responsive, team delivered, and physician led. The Federation, based in Oakland, California, is dedicated to serving and leading Permanente Medicine, the Permanente Medical Groups, and Kaiser Permanente in support of our patients and members. The Permanente Federation Convergent Medical Terminology (CMT) Team is looking for a physician terminologist to join our dynamic team. CMT team builds and maintains the enterprise vocabulary system and is working on some exciting projects including supporting clinical terminology for our KPHealthConnect electronic health record, as well as working with U.S. Government, IHTSDO (International Health Terminology Standards Development Organization) and others to expand the adoption and use of SNOMED CT, LOINC and other standard terminologies.
Permanente Federation Convergent Medical Terminology (CMT) Team is looking for
a physician terminologist to join our dynamic team. CMT team builds and maintains the enterprise
vocabulary system and is working on some exciting projects including supporting
clinical terminology for our KPHealthConnect electronic health record, as well
as working with U.S. Government, IHTSDO (International Health Terminology
Standards Development Organization) and others to expand the adoption and use
of SNOMED CT, LOINC and other standard terminologies.
- Model/Define concepts in the Enterprise Reference Terminology System.
- Review requested interface terms from clients and identify matching concepts or model new concepts in the Enterprise Reference Terminology System.
- When terminology issues arise, research the problem and proposes resolution.
- Work with the customers to understand their terminology needs and be able to identify the right terms or concepts.
- Work with various tools, such as Terminology Tool, Access, Excel, as needed.
- Manage specific projects as needed.
- Other work as assigned.
- Maintain terminology of the procedure masterfile (EAP (Epic)).
- Lead procedure terminology content, regulatory and compliance processes.
- Meet with regional stakeholders as needed to review and resolve terminology issues.
- Provide active contributions and presentations to the interregional physician Terminology Working Group (TWG).
- Provide physician clinical input and complete the work needed for enhancement projects in the procedure masterfile (EAP (Epic)).
- Provide clinical input to your colleagues working in other areas, such as the such as the diagnoses masterfile (EDG (Epic)).
- Provide insight towards the betterment of terminology solutions and strategy positively impacting EHR systems and care of our members.
- Support other projects as requested by CMT Director and Leadership.
- Minimum seven (7) years of clinical experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of operations, business consulting or project support experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with SNOMED, LOINC, ICD10, or CPT4.
- Experience in MS Access, Excel, Word, Windows.
- Focused clinical experience with lab, imaging and/or surgical procedures.
- Position will be located in Oakland, CA or remote office if working clinically for a Kaiser medical group (TBD).
- Travel as required (approximately 10% of time).
- Understands Reference Terminology components and structure including LOINC and SNOMED.
- Understands/Familiar with CPT4 (HCPCS) and ICD10 basic coding requirements.
- Works with various tools, such as Access and Excel, and ability to learn other systems and technologies.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.