Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
Laboratory Assistant ILocation: Camarillo, CA Job Number: 693265 Date posted: 05/17/2018
- Selects the appropriate phlebotomy technique relative to the age and physical maturation of the patient.
- Assesses the quantity of blood to be drawn from the patient based on the patient's age, physical maturation and the test or study to be preformed.
- Performs venipuncture, finger stick or heel stick, as required, proficiently on patients of all ages.
- Properly labels sample(s) and transports to laboratory or clinical laboratory scientist as required.
- Performs the pre-analytical phase of testing by bar coding, centrifuging, separating, logging, culturing and staining of bacteriological specimens.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with the public, patients and other personnel
- Performs other duties as required including checking in patients, collecting appropriate revenue, accessioning test orders and giving preparation instructions to patients.
- Handles difficult patients in a professional manner.
- Displays professionalism at all times, both in attitude and appearance.
- Follows directives from all supervisors, leads and seniors.
Pay Grade: 22
NOTE: The SCPMG Regional Reference Lab does not require phlebotomy certification.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.