Building on Experience
From designing what's next to building the future of care, the work we do is driven by the needs of our members and employees. When you join our team, you'll work on large-scale projects that support the health of millions.
CRE Staff Contracts AdminLocation: Carson, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 755231 Date posted: 01/12/2019
Provides management and administration of contracts and proposals for KP National Facilities Services organization involved in construction of new and/or retrofit hospital buildings and other medical facilities. Responsible for construction contract formation, contract administration and change order management activities for all architect/engineering and construction contracts related to a $3+ billion dollar per year capital spending program.
Essential Functions: - Reviews complex solicitations and prepares specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications. Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to determine compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and NFS procedure.
- Provides contractual guidance to project team members for appropriate Statement of Work. Manages contract change control process. Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiation team on complex contractual issues.
- Analyzes new law, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on NFS goals and objectives. Functions as domain expert on selected areas and issues. Provides authoritative guidance to NFS project teams on goals and objectives relating to contract activity. Focal point for all communication with law, finance and project team disciplines for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- May assist in new business pursuit and associated contract strategy. Assists in identification, development and implementation of new contract policy and processes. May mentor and train less experienced professionals. May participate in development of less complex business alliances and partnering agreements.
- Has a general understanding of the business case and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
- Reviews complex solicitations and prepares specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications. Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to determine compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and NFS procedure.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in general business or contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, law, construction management or other related field OR four (4) years in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to draft moderate to complex, non-routine contractual instruments.
- Working to excellent knowledge of KP/NFS policies and procedures, coupled with ability to identify required improvement to established policies.
- Working to expert knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code, applicable public contract acquisition law and regulations, and applicable contract law.
- Strong to excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Good presentation, leadership and team-building skills.
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills.
- Emerging ability to excel in upper level management environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) or Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) desirable.
- Advanced degree highly desirable.
About Construction Careers
A leader in care since 1945, Kaiser Permanente has accrued a wealth of knowledge about building better hospitals, and we've also accumulated one of the largest real estate portfolios in the country. When you join our team, you build upon our experience and grow your own. With remarkable tools and resources at your fingertips — including massive online data systems that store everything from blueprints and templates to building codes and models — you'll make informed and accurate decisions right down to the last detail.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.