Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Manager Regional Revenue Cycle OperationsLocation: City of Industry, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 696788 Date posted: 05/22/2018
- Eligibility verification.
- Financial counseling and charity care administration.
- Cost share collection.
- Accurate and efficient charge capture.
- Data quality monitoring, auditing and root-cause based feedback mechanisms; and training.
- Provides day to day support in the development and execution of strategic vision and supporting initiatives as agreed to with the Directors of Billing Services and the Director of Eligibility and Financial Support Services.
- Works in support of the Front Office Operations Initiative (FOOI) team on compliant point-of-service registrations and revenue capture internal controls. Contributes input and data as needed to support the aforementioned directors in developing short and long-range financial plans, revenue cycle improvement plans, budgets, capital plans and business plan for the Region.
- Management and Team Building: Provides day to day operational and tactical management of staff and processes in the development of a Regional Revenue Cycle business unit in order to enhance patient experience and ensure sustainability of revenue cycle processes, including but not limited to:
- Securing all technical and system resources.
- Local business office work migration.
- All other activities associated with creating robust, high-functioning regional business units.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, development, discipline and termination of staff as necessary. Develops subordinates and establishes a climate for personal growth and development. Identifies education and training requirements and works with leadership to develop effective training programs for immediate subordinates as well as their staff.
- Leadership and Consultative Experience: Serves as part of an internal consulting team regarding patient access issues including:
- Statements of financial responsibility.
- Cost share collection.
- Patient privacy.
- Medical financial assistance.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum five (5) years in a revenue cycle role including experience with integrated healthcare delivery systems and multi-facility health systems.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing revenue cycle activities for hospital and/or large medical groups with a successful track record in process improvement, improved collections and meeting revenue cycle goals and benchmarks.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting, health administration or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience managing activities that lead to measurable and sustainable improvements in any of the following areas: Bad Debt Reduction, Business Office Billing and Collections Operations, Charge Description Master, Charge Capture, Denials Management, Clinical Documentation and/or Patient Admitting/Registration.
- Experience contributing to the development and maintenance of budget and operating plan for revenue cycle operations.
- Hospital/Professional based Coding and Billing experience.
- Demonstrated experience in patient financial services information systems, operations improvement and re-engineering and project management.
- Excellent working knowledge of revenue cycle operations and insurance benefit and product development.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to manage both through direct reporting relationships as well as through influence and collaboration.
- Possess the ability to analyze trends, develop and maintain performance goals and regularly provide information to senior management.
- Skilled in coaching, counseling and developing others to achieve operational objectives including teaching the fundamentals of revenue cycle operations and objectives.
- Skilled in team building, team participation and achieving organizational success.
- Possess advanced proficiency in all Microsoft computer applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and other job-related networks and software.
- Possess extensive knowledge of general business concepts including financial management, organizational behavior and personnel/labor laws and regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.