Addiction Medicine Clinical Services ManagerClackamas, OR
Mental health is an essential component of total health. As mental health professionals, we’re on the front lines every day, using the latest advances to help those in need. If you share our passion for care and our commitment to helping those around us, you’ll have the resources you need to make a real difference. Our services include adult and child therapy as well as help with addiction and eating disorders.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
- Travel: No
These are the traits of the most successful members of our behavioral health team.
- Good listener
- Results driven
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
Supportive Teams & Resources
NOTE: Benefits may vary based on your Kaiser Permanente region, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups. *Offerings vary by location.
We offer a mental health environment that's unique both in the way we treat our patients and in the way we support our health care professionals. Here, we practice evidence-based care in a team setting that’s focused on the needs of the individual, the family and the population as a whole. This gives your patients the opportunity to work towards achieving their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. On our teams, we hold social justice as a shared value and are committed to addressing and eliminating stigma associated with mental health and addiction. Working as part of a team also helps support your own career growth while you provide high-quality strengths-based, brief, solution-focused, and episodic mental health care.
What Our Employees Say
Psychiatric Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente has been an excellent platform for me to grow as a professional. The organization has demonstrated its commitment to the continued growth of its employees through the training it offers and encourages. I’ve always resonated with the organization’s integrated approach to health care, and its recognition of how essential good mental health is to a person’s overall well-being.”
Licensed Certified Social Worker
“I would recommend and do recommend working for Kaiser Permanente. It’s a professional, clean, friendly, fast-paced environment and there is a real trust and respect for clinical staff no matter what role we serve. I love feeling valued and heard and am thankful to have found an environment that provides that.”
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
“This is the best place to work because of the commitment to the total health of our members, the work/life balance, the possibilities to use clinical skills in a variety of capacities within the organization and opportunities for personal and professional growth. As employees of Kaiser Permanente, we all have a voice and are encouraged to use it.”
Clinical Program Manager
“At Kaiser Permanente, I have opportunities to learn and work in a professional setting with people who are passionate about patient care. I love my career as a therapist and now as a manager! I really enjoy helping others and learning new interventions and modalities. These ensure my personal and professional growth.”
“Kaiser Permanente is a health care leader who sets trends and makes a difference in industry practices and protocols. I like the extraordinary resources available to do my job, the servant leadership of my manager and director, and the high standard of business and clinical ethics.”
PsyD, Clinical Psychologist
“We’re an innovative, vision-forward company. While Integrative-Care models are relatively new, we’ve been on the frontlines of building out a high-functioning integrated team for over a decade. Within this model of care, we’re pushed to think out of the box when it comes to patient care, be collaborative, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.”
PhD, Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical
“Kaiser Permanente demonstrates its commitment to their employees’, has a top-notch salary and compensation package, and has a leadership body that is well trained and supportive. As a Clinician and a Manager, I am very impressed with our commitment to quality outcomes. I have truly found a home here and would be honored for Kaiser Permanente to be my last professional stop in my career.”
PsyD, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Psych Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente, in my opinion, is a great mix of professional, friendly and fast-paced. They allow me to be who I am and let me have a voice. I love being a therapist and I’m very proud and excited about the Gender Assessments and transgender group work being conducted. I’m helping the LGBT community and making this population feel comfortable throughout their care journey. Kaiser Permanente is a breath of fresh air to me in my work.”
“I appreciate how Kaiser Permanente strives to reflect inclusivity and representation throughout the organization. I’m excited about an internal clinic comprised of African American clinicians dedicated to supporting the health needs of the African diaspora. I’m proud to be part of committees that intentionally promote equity, inclusion and diversity. These things combined with the benefits, opportunities and people make Kaiser Permanente a great place to work.”
Addiction Medicine Clinical Services Manager
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Manages day to day functions of residential/day treatment models of care; daily staff scheduling, including on-call coverage & scheduling seven days a week. Monitors the compliance of staff to residential & IOP Oregon administrative rules. Monitors compliance of staff to Kaiser Permanente policies& procedures. Develops Department & Unit Policies & Procedures as assigned. Monitors admissions & staff referrals. Develops & maintains relationships w/ internal & community referents. Manages unit operations in partnership w/ RTF administrator & AM Clinical Director. Coordinates interdepartmental services w/in assigned unit(s). Assists in internal & external contract management & compliance. Coordinates w/ other department supervisors to ensure consistency of care. Represents department at unit/campus Disaster/Fire Safety Committee meetings. Monitors data collection. Coordinates research projects at assigned location. Schedules & assigns staff for 24 hour clinical standby coverage. Participates in governance counsel.
- Writes & conducts performance appraisals on for Addiction Medicine Clinicians. Provides clinical input on performance appraisals of Milieu Counselors. Manages & resolves staff conflict. Development of staff training plans. Conducts staff corrective action process. Monitors Staff adherence to credentialing & licensure requirements. Advises Clinical Director & RTF Administrator in hiring & termination of clinical staff.
- Provides leadership & offers clinical judgment to flow of patient care w/in residential unit. Provides back-up & assistance to Intensive Outpatient Day Treatment. Schedule & assigned staff. Coordinates & advocates for patient co-occurring needs w/in the department & interdepartmentally. Monitors the quality of clinical care provided by clinical staff. Reviews clinical records & assures appropriate
assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, treatment disposition, discharge planning, & daily documentation & correspondence. Leads program development related to treatment activities related to evidenced-based practices w/ co-occurring substance use & mental health. Disorders Facilitates & leads clinical case conferences & clinical staff meetings. Coordinates w/ outpatient Clinical Services Managers to assure continuity of clinical care & patient transitions. Participates in department & facility quality assurance activities. Addresses patient concerns/complaints at the supervisory level.
- Provides high quality counseling services, (individual, group & family), to chemically dependent patients & significant others through assessment, diagnosis & formulation & implementation of treatment plan in an outpatient setting. Provides Counselor of the Day services. Performs hospital consults at assigned locations as needed. Provides case management through appropriate triaging & referral. Consults w/ other providers. Direct contacts w/ patient & their families.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum four (4) years of post master's counseling experience in a state-approved or otherwise accredited/licensed co-occurring substance use and mental health treatment facility.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience of supervising professional and para-professional staff.
- Experience managing quality assurance activities in a co-occurring substance use and mental health treatment setting.
- Master's degree in counseling,social work, or closely related field (MSW, MS, MA, Med), from an accredited institution.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current license to practice without restriction, in the state of Oregon.
- Thorough and working knowledge of evidence based practices for assessment and treatment of co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders for adults and their families.
- Thorough understanding of the mental health and addiction recovery process.
- Knowledge of best practices in the co-occurring substance use and mental health treatment fields.
- Knowledge of the community-based support groups.
- Thorough and working knowledge of legal requirements for abuse reporting.
- Understanding of diverse cultures and their influences on the counseling process.
- Knowledge and understanding of the accepted practice protocols, ethical guidelines, and behaviors for licensed and certified cooccurring substance use and mental health clinicians.
- Knowledge of management and clinical supervision practices.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- Ability to assess, diagnose, and treat co-occurring substance use and mental health patients and their family members.
- Individual, group, and family counseling skills.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide clinical supervision to professional and milieu staff.
- Able to teach co-occurring substance use and mental health curriculum.
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical/administrative supervisory experience in a counseling setting.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in managing quality assurance activities in a co-occurring substance use and mental health counseling setting.
- Experience with counseling adults and families.
- Experience in providing co-occurring substance use and mental health consultation.
- Previous computer experience with electronic medical records.
- Treatment options for patients with common co-occurring issues including sexual and physical trauma.
- Working knowledge of universal precautions of body fluids.
- Understanding of state requirements for licensing addiction programs.
- Ability to diagnose and treat patients with mental illnesses.
- Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment.
- Comfortable interfacing with large provider and support staff groups.
More From Kaiser Permanente
Careers in Mental Health
Join a team that helps empower our members to achieve all of their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. Learn more about our culture, programs, and opportunities.
Mental Health Training Programs
Comprehensive programs where more than 200 mental health trainees can work and learn in communities across Northern California.
Mental Health at Kaiser Permanente
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.