The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Assistant Nurse Manager, PACULocation: Clackamas, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 848761 Date posted: 12/10/2019
- Communication: Use established channels of communication to share information, receive feedback and report problems. Assist in the communication of plans and decisions to staff and providers to facilitate linkages and flow of information to others. Build credibility with physicians as a champion for patient care, quality, and nursing professionalism. Effectively facilitates consensus building to accomplish goals and objectives. Provide constructive feedback and effectively manages conflict. Assist in the creation and articulates a shared vision and goals. Follow up on feedback and reports problems as well as positive comments. Assist in maintaining an environment which recognizes and values differences in staff, physicians, patients and communities. Collaborate with nursing programs to provide required resources. Routinely rounds on staff to communicate key messages and identify concerns and issues. Routinely rounds on patients to gain feedback.
- Clinical Practice: Act as an expert resource for staff and utilizes knowledge in clinical area of practice. Assist in the evaluation of nursing practice, research and trends. Apply knowledge to the development of standards of care and practice to ensure optimal patient outcomes. Assist in the creation, modifications and evaluation of policies and procedures as delegated and/or appropriate to the clinical unit and expertise. Assist in the development of competencies so staff achieve maximize performance. Maintain personal and professional growth of self and others by participating in educational offerings and professional organizations. Partner with medical staff and other disciplines to assist with establishment of patient care goals for unit development. Evaluate patient care delivery model and the needed staff, equipment and resources to provide safe, optimal care. Assist in the direction and supervision of staff and ensure safe, therapeutic environment, both for in the moment operational support and long term. Support the development and implementation of an organization wide patient safety program. Ensure staff is educated on risk management and compliance issues and correct action is identified in areas of potential liability. Ensures staff support for expedited patient care by initiating protocol driven orders and patient preparation for physician exam (undressed, bedded, supplies and equipment in room needed for routine or specialty exam and/or treatment).
- Quality/Service Improvement: Articulate the organizations performance improvement program and goals. Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of quality/service monitoring processes.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience as RN in clinical area.
- Minimum one (1) year of leadership experience.
- BSN or health-related bachelor's degree or currently enrolled in BSN or health related bachelor degree program with completion date defined.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon or Washington RN license in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- Minimum five (5) years of demonstrated knowledge in area of clinical expertise.
- Certification in specialty area.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required upon hire/transfer.
- Nurse Practice Act, the Joint Commission, Labor Law, all related and affiliate contracts, workmen's comp, policies and procedures, human resource policies and procedures, OSHA, CMS, Health department, Employee benefits, National labor relations board, standards of practice of professional organizations.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.