Auditor, Coding II Certified
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Perform documentation and coding reviews within work queues across various specialties as assigned. Utilize available coding tools and knowledge to assist in appropriate assignment of coding.
- Maintain current knowledge to ensure that KPNW coding and documentation meets regulatory guidelines and audit standards. Escalate trends and identified issues through appropriate department channels. Continued development of coding knowledge and regulatory guidelines with maintenance of certification.
- Performs other duties as requested to include complex coding issues and project work as assigned
- Minimum Two (2) years work experience in a healthcare setting.
- Minimum One (1) year of professional coding experience.
- Coding Specialist Certificate OR Professional Coder Certificate OR Registered Health Information Administrator Certificate OR Professional Medical Auditor Certificate OR Coding Associate Certificate OR Professional Coder Certificate - Apprentice OR Registered Health Information Technician Certificate OR Coding Specialist Certificate - Physician Based
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Medical Terminology.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Prefer two (2) year work experience at a KP facility.
- Prefer one (1) year of professional coding and/or auditing experience in one or more of the following areas: evaluation and management (E&M), procedural/surgical, emergency department or anesthesia.
- Working knowledge of the KPHC/EpicCare system.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest