Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Serves as scrub assistant or monitor/recorder for cardiology and radiology studies. Prepares and position patients for invasive procedures. Assists cardiovascular tests and record patients hemodynamic activity using specialized electronic test equipment, recording devices and laboratory instruments. Manages patient arterial and venous access sites post-procedure, including removal of sheaths and safe management of hemostatic devices. Sets up, maintains and troubleshoots Intra Aortic Balloon Pump when required. Recognizes cardiac arrhythmias and hemodynamic waveforms and alerts credentialed provider and other team members during procedures and according to protocol. Administers intra-coronary and/or intra-arterial medications under direct supervision of the physician. Prepares and maintains sterile field using aseptic technique for testing. Prepares, maintains, and operates hemodynamic and monitoring equipment. Starts and maintains IV-with appropriate training and certification. Familiarity with use of IVUS machine and Site Rite ultrasound machine. Performs basic and advanced life support when required, including defibrillation.
- Maintain proficiencies to perform point of care tests on lab equipment such as activated clotting time (ACT), oxygen saturations, and arterial blood gases (ABG). Performs patient teaching of procedures. Works on call and is required to respond on-site within 30 minutes of call. Restocks supplies, maintains clean work area; file room work area. Actively performs quality assurance functions; trouble shoots equipment problems and initiates vendor service call. Assist with transportation of patients.
- Successful completion of an accredited invasive cardiovascular technologist training program or two (2) years education in an allied health science such as nursing, respiratory therapy, radiographic technology, or emergency medicine technology and possess comparable work experience with at least two (2) years recent on the job training in an Interventional Cath Lab Environment.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist Certificate within 12 months of hire OR American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate - Vascular Interventional Radiography within 12 months of hire OR American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate - Cardiac Interventional Radiography within 12 months of hire OR Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Certificate within 12 months of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Able to comply with thirty (30) minute call-back to the facility when on call for emergencies.
- Ability to recognize and interpret cardiac dysrhythmias.
- Analytical abilities necessary to monitor and assess patient condition and to perform hemodynamic calculation for diagnosis of heart disease.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Five (5) years recent interventional cath lab experience.
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) for Cardiovascular Labs, or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) for Electrophysiology.
- Fair-Share Call
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest