Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Cath Lab TechLocation: Clackamas, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 822870 Date posted: 08/12/2019
- Serves as scrub assistant or monitor/recorder for cardiology and radiology studies.
- Prepares and positionpatients for invasive procedures.
- Assists cardiovascular tests and record patients' hemodynamic activity using specialized electronic test equipment, recording devices and laboratory instruments.
- Manages patient arterial and venous access sites post-procedure, including removal of sheaths and safe management of hemostatic devices.
- Sets up, maintains and troubleshoots Intra Aortic Balloon Pump when required.
- Recognizes cardiac arrhythmias and hemodynamic waveforms and alerts credentialed provider and other team members during procedures and according to protocol.
- Administers intra-coronary and/or intra-arterial medications under direct supervision of the physician.
- Prepares and maintains sterile field using aseptic technique for testing.
- Prepares, maintains, and operates hemodynamic and monitoring equipment.
- Starts and maintains IV-with appropriate training and certification.
- Familiarity with use of IVUS machine and Site Rite ultrasound machine.
- Performs basic and advanced life support when required, including defibrillation.
- Maintain proficiencies to perform point of care tests on lab equipment such as activated clotting time (ACT), oxygen saturations, and arterial blood gases (ABG). Performs patient teaching of procedures.
- Works on call and is required to respond on-site within 30 minutes of call.
- Restocks supplies, maintains clean work area; file room work area.
- Actively performs quality assurance functions; trouble shoots equipment problems and initiates vendor service call.
- Assist with transportation of patients.
- Successful completion of an accredited invasive cardiovascular technologist training program or two (2) years education in an allied health science such as nursing, respiratory therapy, radiographic technology, or emergency medicine technology and possess
comparable work experience with at least two (2) years recent on the job training in an Interventional Cath Lab Environment.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current employees who are working in this position must obtain advanced certification in Vascular Interventional Radiography (VI), or Cardiac Interventional Radiography (CI) or CCI - Registered Cardiac Invasive Specialist (RCIS), or Registered Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) certification no later than September 30, 2011.
- All new hires after November 1, 2008, must obtain advanced certification in Vascular Interventional Radiography (VI), or Cardiac Interventional Radiography (CI) with CCI- Registered Cardiac Invasive Specialist (RCIS), or Registered Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) certification within twelve (12) months of hire.
- Proof of continuing education to maintain registry.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required upon hire/transfer.
- Able to comply with thirty (30) minute call-back to the facility when on call for emergencies.
- Ability to recognize and interpret cardiac dysrhythmias.
- Analytical abilities necessary to monitor and assess patient condition and to perform hemodynamic calculation for diagnosis of heart disease.
- Five (5) years recent interventional cath lab experience.
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) for Cardiovascular Labs, or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) for Electrophysiology.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.